cosmic tarot, wheel

paradoxx

Where to begin?

first an image
http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/cosmic/majors/wheeloffortune.html

The outer ring of the wheel, green and blue, looks like it is a part of the geras of a larger process (a machine). Outside of the square are six yellow circles, in teh foru corners the trinagl glps for the elments, aboe and below the central wehel are pluto and the par to ffortune glyps. The inner yellow circle is the zodiac, and the two yellow glyps above are neptuen and uranus, the remaining planets and the moon, and sun, are at the points o with in the multi ponted star and petal design. A starry background places this cosmic machien in space.

you can almost see this wheel rotate int ehsky, perhaps even lighting up each of the circles as it goes, with the green outer rign moving at a brisk clip. Slow and fast at the same time, the wheel is not going to stop for anyone, and where it leads us to no body knows.

Arania

This wheel is always so confusing to me, so totally different than any other card in this deck. In most cases, it associates with troubled times for me.

paradoxx

I think uncontrollable times is more accurate, but that's just my take. Now what happens if the wheel flies apart, then we would have troubled times.

tink27

This card looks like the inner workings of a watch or a clock……that doesn’t work unless we wind it up or place a battery inside. Batteries hold an intense amount of emotional energy…….imagine the conflict and tension when these two come together. The clocks gears have been activated by communication with the power of the battery, giving it freedom of movement, synchronization, but within certain perimeters…an intimate circle of fixed patterns.

Our body’s are similar to the workings of a clock….. In a twenty-four hour period, we spin around the wheel of life as the risk-taker (Aries), the sensual self (Taurus), the inner-child (Cancer), the creative self (Leo), the analyzer(Virgo), the projected self (Libra), the secret self (Scorpio), the truth-seeker (Sagittarius), the ambitious self (Capricorn), the individualist (Aquarius), and the spiritual self (Pisces).

And it can be a continual turbulent rollercoaster if we aren’t balanced and can’t adjust to the many different changes in direction that can occur on a daily basis. I think this symbol can also reveal startling revelations if we are grounded and aware. The wheel of fortune can opens doors to our higher desires. It can also force us to face our demons....to do a lot of soul searching to discover what is blocking or isn't working in our lives.

tink :love:

cosmic_bubble

i love this card..it seems to be so full of energy..for me it reminds me of the force and power of nature/the universe..

Myrrha

It is a complex card. The circle of the zodiac surrounds a six pointed star that has the seven planets in it (the seven planets known to ancient astrologers). There are other shadowy circle or gear shapes in the background and a larger metalic grey looking circle around the whole thing that is drawn in a way that also suggests gears.

It seems to be the artist's picture of the forces that interact to produce the universe. It looks a bit mechanical which seems odd in this deck which is so full of spiritual symbols.

Looking again though, there is a bright yellow square in the center of the card and the bright yellow zodiac circle fits into the center of it. This is the circle of spirit inside the square that represents matter. Once you see it the bright yellow stands out much more than the grey mechanical looking gears. It is saying that this universe is alive and spiritual.

The tree of life is represented, overlaying the circle-in-square and the words "Keter" and "Malkuth" are written at the top and bottom (thank you to Kwaw, Ihcoyc and Bernice for pointing this out to me). The astrological glyphs represent the sephira. Losche has changed things around a bit though as he uses the modern planets Neptune and Uranus to represent Binah and Chokmah while Saturn sits at Daath. I don't know enough yet about astrology or kabbalah to understand the implications of these changes.

Losche doesn't seem to have used these revised correspondances in the rest of the deck as the Threes still show the influence of Saturn and not Neptune. You can see a Saturn glyph on the jacket of one man in the Three of Swords.

--Myrrha