The four adorations

inanna_tarot

Hi everyone :)

So, to try something new in my spiritual work I am trying to do the adorations as outlined in the Golden Dawn stuff, by Regardie and of course Uncle Al.
I was wondering if anyone else here is actively doing the adorations at the moment, and how you are finding it.
I am finding it hard to keep the discipline say if I miss one (which I often do during some point of the day I miss one of them!) to keep going, that is it not about being perfect, it is about discipline to keep on trying to unite with the Power and to connect with my divine will... it is not about perfection, it is a journey of self realisation..

and my self-realisation is often going 'your rubbish at this, you are so rubbish'. How do you get to overcome these negative feelings of failure??

ravenest

Hi I T.
... perseverance ....

Just keep at it ... remember learning to ride a bike?

After this stage there will be others ... even when you get 'good' at it - it might seem pointless. Stages - some very interesting.

I seem to remember there are a lot of posts around on this. - If it is Liber Resh we are talking about?

Aeon418

How do you get to overcome these negative feelings of failure??
I think one way to deal with the current 'phase' you are going through is just to accept it as a natural and normal consequence of your work. Any practices aimed at self-change inevitably stir up internal resistance. This can manifest in a whole host of self-defeating behaviour patterns and negative psychological states that are designed to get you to stop what you are doing. If anything difficulties are a sign that a practice is having an effect. It's a sign of success. :)

Don't give up. Push through the rough patches. If it's any consolation I have been practicing the adorations given in Liber Resh for around two decades now and, even though the ritual is now heavily internalised, I still occasionally miss an adoration from time to time during busy days. It's no big deal. I don't beat myself up over it. What's the point in that?

inanna_tarot

Thank you both for replying..

Its just so hard to push through when you meet such resistance to not just give up and give in to the thoughts in your head, to the feelings of failure and worthlessness...
Its so hard to just keep going when you feel you will never feel the 'benefit' of it.

Sorry, just going through a death and rebirth and I feel like I'm doing the slow agonising death of a wannabe Shakespearian actor who is doing the local am-dram a favour LOL.

Aeon418

Iao

Its just so hard to push through when you meet such resistance to not just give up and give in to the thoughts in your head, to the feelings of failure and worthlessness...
You might find this talk helpful. It's about obstacles, patterns, and cycles on the magical path.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcg5hMl4Hc
Its so hard to just keep going when you feel you will never feel the 'benefit' of it.
That old 'lust of result' is a hard one to crack. It's only natural to have your eyes set on the goal. But the journey there is of prime importance.

inanna_tarot

Thank you Aeon418 :) A great podcast and something to add to my contemplations.....

Thanks (and thanks for giving me another podcast to subscribe to and learn from :D)

ravenest

Thank you both for replying..

In magick/self-improvement/life balance is all important. You seem to have unbalanced feelings coming up about yourself. Since I am such a big fan of Liber Librae I will quote from that (again! :laugh: )

" 14. Remember that this earth is but an atom in the universe, and that thou thyself art but an atom thereon, and that even couldst thou become the God of this earth whereon thou crawlest and grovellest, that thou wouldest, even then, be but an atom, and one amongst many."

So its healthy to have some awareness of this but the next point balances that:

" 15. Nevertheless have the greatest self-respect, and to that end sin not against thyself. The sin which is unpardonable is knowingly and wilfully to reject truth, to fear knowledge lest that knowledge pander not to thy prejudices."

Also you can balance feelings of worthlessness by realising in all that expansive Universe there is only 1 exactly like you - totally unique.

Maybe Resh IS working for you, maybe you are already reaping some benefits? Did you have the feeling of worthlessness before you started?

In any case, no one said it was going to be easy (did they?). Again, Liber Librae.

"5. Yet, oh aspirant, let thy victories bring thee not Vanity, for with increase of Knowledge should come increase of Wisdom. He who knoweth little, thinketh he knoweth much; but he who knoweth much hath learned his own ignorance. Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? There is more hope of a fool, than of him. "

and also

2 - 4 " Thou then, who hast trials and troubles, rejoice because of them, for in them is Strength, and by their means is a pathway opened unto that Light.
3. How should it be otherwise, O man, whose life is but a day in Eternity, a drop in the Ocean of time; how, were thy trials not many, couldst thou purge thy soul from the dross of earth?
Is it but now that the Higher Life is beset with dangers and difficulties; hath it not ever been so with the Sages and Hierophants of the past? They have been persecuted and reviled, they have been tormented of men; yet through this also has their Glory increased.
4. Rejoice therefore, O Initiate, for the greater thy trial the greater thy Triumph. When men shall revile thee, and speak against thee falsely, hath not the Master said, “Blessed art thou!”?

Read the whole document .... again , if you already have.

I find your approach much more realistic than someone that purports accomplishment with Resh by rote learning and declaring they have gone through the process in a matter of weeks.

After over 20 years working with Resh on various levels at times (and at times not at all) I still have ups and downs, surity and doubts. Every road has its easy and hard parts the thing is to just keep chugging along and not going over the same territory endlessly.

You WILL get more identifiable results, like most things, it takes time. hermetics and alchemy work with a graduall heat and result, chemistry is the opposite. Patients is a virtue ;)

Exactly right! When you FEEL ... thats your Mars/Venus ... feeling and reACTING from something that was acted on (or enacted on you) in the past. Acknowledge that and invoke Mercury (both magick and the mind) thats the closest force to the Sun and your solar nature / ego. Acknowledge the feelings but go with the higher thought, and train the higher thought by such processes and rituals like you are undertaking.

Sorry, just going through a death and rebirth and I feel like I'm doing the slow agonising death of a wannabe Shakespearian actor who is doing the local am-dram a favour LOL.

:laugh: there's those feeling again :)