Magician - true or lie

GotH

I see the Magician in this situation as someone who is playing her to make her worry. He's controlling the "act."

firecatpickles

Yes, GOTH...

"Players be playen' and haters be haten'" is what I get from the Magician in this context. He may be lying or may not; but in the long run, it doesn't matter because he's a d***.

Holly doll

in real life the guy is kinda weird. you would never know if he is saying trues or playing you. it could go either way. he is often says hurtful stuff and never apologizes. i use gilded tarot cards. here is a picture and description.

http://www.healinguniverse.com/weekend-tarot-august-3-2012-the-magician-tarot-card/

Love the Magician from this deck - beautiful artwork - Ciro's a genius! In this case I wouldn't see the Magician as the Trickster - the guy has been honest - he's put it on the table - he has someone else. He could've lied & had a relationship with your friend & with someone else, instead he told her - there's no trickery there as much as some would like to see it. Your friend perhaps isn't ready to move on - 9 of Swords...

Try not to get caught up in just one narrow description of a card - there are many meanings to each of the cards individually, & then in a spread; so the meaning can be dependent on the surrounding cards.

Besides; if he's as nasty as you say he is - why would she want him back...?! What's done is done, maybe use a different question & spread to help your friend to move forward...

caridwen

in real life the guy is kinda weird. you would never know if he is saying trues or playing you. it could go either way. he is often says hurtful stuff and never apologizes. i use gilded tarot cards. here is a picture and description.

http://www.healinguniverse.com/weekend-tarot-august-3-2012-the-magician-tarot-card/

He looks like some kind of Druid serial killer:bugeyed:

What you say does sound a little like the Magician:

in real life the guy is kinda weird. you would never know if he is saying trues or playing you. it could go either way.

So it seems as though the cards are reflecting the situation. The Magician is him, the Nine of Swords is her.

Magician is usually a bit of a charmer though so him saying hurtful things or using his skills in order to wound is not good. Naughty Magician!!:(

DiamondsRForever

My friend’s ex-boyfriend told her that he has a new girl-friend. Every time I am asking cards if is it true – a Magician is coming out. I am doing a 3 cards spread. I don’t remember the other once – but Magician is always there. Does it mean that he just manipulates her feelings and lies?
The other thing is every time I am asking how long it is going to last with them – the Nine of Swords coming out ( 3 cards spread again). Could it mean that he really lies and she worries for nothing?

In this situation, I would view the Magician as her ex-boyfriend having the ability to manipulate her feelings and the nine of swords is the worry that it has caused her. I think that the cards are trying to tell you that he is playing around here. I do not think that it matters if he is lying or not, either way, it's a bad situation.

galina-t

Thank you. It is really very difficult to say if it is true or lie. But I think it is obvious that he manipulates he and she is loosing sleep over it.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

galina-t,

Per the UTC Posting Guidelines (emphasis mine),

"In addition, you may ask for help with up to half the cards in a reading. However, please note that you must include your own interpretations for the cards you want to talk about and you must give feedback to anyone who posts in your thread offering help. (Remember, the feedback you give should be as detailed and responsive as the post you are replying to.) If you want to explore more than half of the cards in your spread then you'll need to post in Your Readings, which is where complete readings (including one card readings) should be posted."

So you must reply to each post offering you help, and a general "Thanks" is not considered appropriate feedback.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

QueenPen

Thank you. It is really very difficult to say if it is true or lie. But I think it is obvious that he manipulates he and she is loosing sleep over it.

Mission accomplished! He got the results he wanted.

Grizabella

Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot, galina-t. I understand that your friend is having problems letting go of her ex and wanting a reading about it. When someone has been in the clutches of an abusive and manipulative partner, it's very hard for them to break away and start over again in a healthy way. I can also understand you wanting to be of help to her with a reading about it. You sound like a good, caring friend. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Some readers have strong opinions against reading on matters like this but others don't. I hope you don't feel as if you've committed a crime or something. We all make our own reading rules up as we go along and I don't think any of us are wrong. We're just different from each other.