Magical Correspondances.

Zephyros

Marginally on topic (whatever it is) I was surprised to discover that Cannabis Indica was attributed to row seven, in Liber 777. While I could sort of see it at Netzach, for obvious reasons, that also means it is connected to the Chariot. I really can't imagine why.

In general, how does one approach finding the logic, if any, in 777's attributions?

Richard

Marginally on topic (whatever it is) I was surprised to discover that Cannabis Indica was attributed to row seven, in Liber 777. While I could sort of see it at Netzach, for obvious reasons, that also means it is connected to the Chariot. I really can't imagine why.

In general, how does one approach finding the logic, if any, in 777's attributions?

Maybe Cannabis Indica opens up path 18 for the descent of the supernal influence of Binah onto the user. I've never knowingly tried that particular variety of the herb.

ravenest

By 'intuition' :)

777 Appendix : "7-8. Cannabis Indica and Anhalonium Lewinii appear to act on both
these Sephiroth. Their action is very similar. They produce in one
mood voluptuous visions which pertain to Venus, and in another confer
the power of self-analysis, which is Mercurial."

To see the connection with the Chariot ... just smoke some more ... you'll get it ;

http://www.kineticbaltimore.com/KSR/2012/_images/HBW_0223-LucyKatyn.jpg

Richard

Attachments

• chariot.jpg
    chariot.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 142

Always Wondering

You might enjoy, The Herb Dangerous, published in a four part series in the Equinox 1 where Oliver Haddo experiments with the hypothesis that Hashish (a purified forum of Cannabis Indica), would enrich meditation.

From the article
"But I evolve all these mysteries in the profound abyss of Mind."
ZOROASTER.
This was my hypothesis:
"Perhaps hashish is the drug which 'loosens the girders of the soul,' but is in itself neither good nor bad. Perhaps, as Baudelaire thinks, it merely exaggerates and distorts the natural man and his mood of the moment." The whole of {38} Ludlow's wonderful introspection seemed to me to fortify this suggestion.

Though I can relate his difficulties meditating, I know from my own less scientific, but very enthusiastic research of my youth, that the stuff makes me terribly anxious, not at all conducive to my own current practice.

I do enjoy his correspondences to the Zoroaster though, and many of them ring true through my memory. I especially like this one as a correspondence to Chet.

For being furnished with every kind of armour, and armed, he is similar to the goddess.

Oink

Oooh oooh - I can help with this!

There are two predominant types of cannabis: indica and sativa, that produce cannabinoids in varying ratios. Two of the most potent cannabinoids are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). Sativa strains tend to be higher in THC and contain low amounts of CBD, whereas indica strains have (and are often cultivated for medical purposes to contain) higher amounts of CBD relative to THC.

If you read those wiki links above, you can see that THC and CBD have vastly different effects on the body/mind, and this is what explains the correspondence to the Chariot. Cannabis indica makes sense here where cannabis sativa would not: while a sativa strain high in THC might produce anxiety, an indica strain high in CBD would not have this effect and could even counter it.

An example of a strain high in CBD that was cultivated in the US for medical use is Charlotte's Web. The Stanley brothers in CO grew it to help with Dravet syndrome, which causes uncontrollable seizures. It has been quite effective for this purpose.

I see the Chariot everywhere here! What do you think?

O/T This is why legalization is important. Medical users need access to specific strains that cater towards their particular disabilities, and this doesn't happen on the black market.