Judgement as best action to take

think

Not really. This is the best action to take--meaning your friend need to acknowledge what truths she knows about him (what kind of person he is), the good and bad of the realtionship, etc. and forgive, accept, etc. This has nothing to do with him being in denial. That's not the "action" for your friend to take (confonting him about his denial or hoping he'll apologize). The action here is what your FRIEND must take. Or (depending on the question which you've yet to tell us) what they both must take to make things work ("how do we make things work?"). But just because they both should do it doesn't mean they will...or that your friend shouldn't do it until he does. It's still the best action for her to take at the moment.

And the Tower may be her shock and amazement when she realizes he's not in denial, and does know the truth and has or hasn't done anything about it deliberately. What she thought was true wasn't true at all and she is in shock.

That is the outcome. Something that will stun her about the relationship (or stun both of them). Something she (or both of them) didn't know--didn't even suspect. It might be good, it might be not good. All the tower says it that it will suprise her and maker her reassess everything. This is not a paradox. The Judgement action is only the best action to take for now in order to move forward. That the relationship is headed toward this suprise doesn't alter the fact that this action is the best to take at the moment--the best for your friend and for the relationship.

Oh! Thank you Thirteen, I understand. So he most likely does know something he doesn't want to admit. Then there is something else that will come to light and affect one or both (most likely both) of them and also the relationship.

The question was just a look at their relationship, it was a big spread. This was just the part of it.. Judgement for his best action, 5 of pentacles for her best action, and Tower outcome.

Both of them being surprised and shocked... sounds like an unplanned pregnancy or something! (Doubtful it is actually that, not to my knowledge at least).

Thirteen

The question was just a look at their relationship, it was a big spread. This was just the part of it.. Judgement for his best action, 5 of pentacles for her best action, and Tower outcome.
My apologies, I mistook Judgement to be your friend's best action. Clearly her best action is to stay friends with him (and true to herself) even though there is some hardship in this (friends disapproving, for example). His best action is, as you say, admitting truths and doing right by her.

He may not do this. Or (Tower) maybe he will in a way that surprises her. Or maybe the two of them will discover something about their current situations that stun them and changes how they view each other.

think

My apologies, I mistook Judgement to be your friend's best action. Clearly her best action is to stay friends with him (and true to herself) even though there is some hardship in this (friends disapproving, for example). His best action is, as you say, admitting truths and doing right by her.

He may not do this. Or (Tower) maybe he will in a way that surprises her. Or maybe the two of them will discover something about their current situations that stun them and changes how they view each other.

Thanks so much for your help here. Sorry for being unclear in the initial post.

It was the Judgement that I was unsure of... I mean none of them were that clear cut to me, but that one seemed so unlike an 'action' card. But that's the beauty of tarot and of this forum too. I feel like I understand it so much more.

She doesn't want to be friends with him. Your example is right, many people would disapprove. Also when you said that best action to take doesn't necessarily mean either of them will take it. But the outcome does suggest some kind of movement regardless.

headincloud

Judgement could just be a good old assessment of the past and a laying to rest as we open to new things. Tower could be the end of the disruptive phase depending on the other cards.

think

Judgement could just be a good old assessment of the past and a laying to rest as we open to new things. Tower could be the end of the disruptive phase depending on the other cards.

Yep, that makes sense as well. Both of those. The whole relationship ends, all of its hurts and feelings and whatnot. Yeah. Thanks!

treestar

This is in a relationship spread. I'm a bit stumped... could it mean inner work? Like healing or some kind of realisations to be made?

I take this (in a relationship) as a decision made together or shared with the other that will drastically change the course or direction of the relationship (or dissolve it alltogether)...usually just a abrupt change of direction. Someone (or both) laid out the facts and made their mind up. Things will take a change for better or worse.

Only read the first post btw I suppose it does depend on context but this is normally how I read it..

Absynthe

This card is the wake up and smell the coffee card. There's an elephant in the room or a rude shock in store if you aren't presently aware of it.

think

I take this (in a relationship) as a decision made together or shared with the other that will drastically change the course or direction of the relationship (or dissolve it alltogether)...usually just a abrupt change of direction. Someone (or both) laid out the facts and made their mind up. Things will take a change for better or worse.

Only read the first post btw I suppose it does depend on context but this is normally how I read it..

Sorry for the delay!

Thank you for your interpretation here. I like your thinking... since they are not speaking right now and she is not sure if she will ever hear from him again actually, this could mean a bolt call out of the blue. If they continue to not speak that wouldn't really be a drastic change, I wouldn't have thought. But I asked her earlier, she says there could probably not be a change for the worse.

think

This card is the wake up and smell the coffee card. There's an elephant in the room or a rude shock in store if you aren't presently aware of it.

Oh, interesting. I wonder what that could be. My friend told me they are not together but she is still attracted to him. Perhaps he feels the same! Or perhaps he doesn't and that's the rude shock, tho I'm not sure how she'd find out.

Thanks!