Letting Go Spread

grimalkin

My idea for this spread came from a painful situation/realization ... and I found myself needing to let go of many years of yearning.

_________5-6_________
__3-4_____7_____1-2__
_____8-9____10-11____

1-2---East/Air: Your thoughts/impressions … can encompass: what you think happened, how you perceived things, your take on the other person, etc.

3-4---West/Water: Your fears/longings … can encompass: fear of holding on, fear of letting go, what you wanted when it started, what you want now, deepest desires

5-6---North/Earth: Your subconscious/secret heart … can encompass: the thing you barely admit to yourself, the truth of you that you share only with your Higher Power

7---Center/Heart: The crux of the matter … where things are right here, right now … not the past nor the future, just this one moment in time

8-9---South/Inspiration: Guidance/What your (Higher Power, Spirit Guide, Guardian Angel, Animal Totem, etc.) are telling you

10-11---South/Fire: How you can help yourself

For the card pairings, I read a synthesis of the two cards, rather than one then the other as two separate statements. For me, it reveals dichotomies in my thinking and feeling, perceptions, that I maybe wouldn’t otherwise notice or admit to.

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

grimalkin

Oh, bless your heart, puresoul, thank you for trying this out! I hope it helps you and if you have any suggestions on anything, by all means I'd love to hear them.

Sinduction

I had some trouble with two South positions, so I changed the spread a bit.

________10-11________
__8-9_____1_____2-3__
_____6-7____4-5____

1---Center/Heart:

2-3---East/Air:

4-5---South/Fire:

6-7---North/Earth:

8-9---West/Water:

10-11---Spirit/Inspiration:

That way it follows what the pentacle positions mean to me.

Great spread either way! :D

grimalkin

Sinduction said:
I had some trouble with two South positions, so I changed the spread a bit.
________10-11________
__8-9_____1_____2-3__
_____6-7____4-5____
1---Center/Heart:
2-3---East/Air:
4-5---South/Fire:
6-7---North/Earth:
8-9---West/Water:
10-11---Spirit/Inspiration:
That way it follows what the pentacle positions mean to me.
Great spread either way! :D

Is this what you mean if it looks like ...

_________6-7_________
__8-9_____1_____2-3__
____10-11____4-5_____

If so, I love it! This is the first spread I've made so Thank you!

Sinduction

Well, it's shaped like a pentagram, where Spirit is at the top point. Then it goes; East, South, North, West clockwise at the points. At least, for me, that's what the points are.

It's just an alternative to the one you did. Either way it works! :D

LadyMarian

Thanks so much for this spread.:) I used your spread and then I revised it to read like the following. I used geometric sequencing to align stations into a pentagram so that 10-11 and 6-7 are in the northern position for subconsciousness and spiritual guidance from above, cards 2-3 are for knowledge from the right side of the brain, cards 4-5 for knowledge from the left side of the brain, and cards 8-9 under the heart for the gut feeling of fear/longings.

…...........10-11.....6-7.............
…..4-5.............1..............2-3
…...................8-9.................

1---Center/Heart: The crux of the matter … where things are right here, right now … not the past nor the future, just this one moment in time

2-3---Your thoughts/impressions … can encompass: what you think happened, how you perceived things, your take on the other person, etc.

4-5---How you can help yourself

6-7--Your subconscious/secret heart … can encompass: the thing you barely admit to yourself, the truth of you that you share only with your Higher Power

8-9---Your fears/longings … can encompass: fear of holding on, fear of letting go, what you wanted when it started, what you want now, deepest desires

10-11---Inspiration/Guidance/What your (Higher Power, Spirit Guide, Guardian Angel, Animal Totem, etc.) are telling you

grimalkin

HaHaHa ... I like all of your ideas! And I love the fact that layout is so adaptable for everyone.

Have a great day!