Do you have an essential oil diffuser?

Amsonia

If you have one, what kind do you have, and do you like it. I want to get one but cant decide on which brand/type

Also, I thought this might be a good thread to list your "recipes" for essential oil mixes that you like to use in your diffuser for different moods or energies.

The Universe Knows

Mine is from Green Air, purchased through Puritan's Pride for just under $20. It had good reviews and I'm not disappointed. I didn't want to spend a lot, either.

It also has lighting options: four different colored lights that can be turned on individually or turned on where the different colors swirl one after the other. You don't have to use the lights, however.

The only issue I've had with it is finding a large enough spot where I can lay down a large enough protective covering: the mist is very fine but it is mist and will collect on furniture.

If you have a larger area/room you'd like to "mist," you can take off the top piece (the diffuser). I lost that piece so that's my only option, which has complicated the placement of it.

The tank doesn't hold much water, so depending on how long you'd be using it, that might be a factor for you. If so, you could check to see if it comes in a larger size.

(Pray you don't make the mistake I did...I thought I grabbed a bottle of essential oil when it was a chemical-laden, scented warming oil someone had given me. I had the mister going in my bedroom while I was bopping around the house--and BAM! I started losing my breath, couldn't stop hacking. Hours passed after I unplugged it and it was time for bed, but I couldn't sleep in the bedroom that night. What a derp.)

Belinda2

I just got my first diffuser which is called Geomist it is small and makes no mess, but I cannot see any mister come out but I do smell the essential oil . it
Is called Geomist I got it from TJ max for 35.00. You an keep it on continuous for two hours or you can set it intermittent 10 seconds on and 20 seconds off, it is small
And can fit about any space. At first I felt that Not that much scent was coming out but after a while It got stronger good for a small space like mine.

intellemos

Do you guys add any crystals to the diffuser? I was thinking about trying that

greatdane

I use bamboo sticks to diffuse oils

That way, I don't have to worry about unplugging anything. I just flip the sticks when the oil starts getting to the top.

The Universe Knows

I've never had much luck with sticks--the scent doesn't move, flow...not even with strong-smelling ones. (?)

Don't you have to be careful with crystals and water? At least some crystals?

Amsonia

Well I ordered on tonight from AMAZON. I'll let you know what I think when I get it and test it out. I have about 9 different essential oils right now, I'm looking forward to some lavender at night in the diffuser. Usually I just mix the essential oils with a diluter oil and wear them, or mix them for first aid or cleaning recipes. I think though, that if I like the diffuser, I'll be going through more than I do now.

I found some neat recipes for different scent combinations here
http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2013/05/10-must-try-essential-oil-recipes-for-your-diffuser.html

PriestessIsobel

I have one running in my home at all times. I was a skeptic until the company I am a consultant for came out with a diffuser and oil line. Now I use those and one other companies oils. It has definitely helped me and my kiddos get a good night's rest!

Amsonia

So just an update.

I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...il diffuser&qid=1453268249&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

so far I think it works really good. my favorite is straight lavender...a drop or two.

I've tried a couple of my own mixes...not great so far...I haven't found a combination I really like besides the lavender...I would like to try some essential oil blends, something someone else already experimented with and smells good...

Any suggestions for combinations or companies that sell nice blends?

DownUnderNZer

Not sure about "blends", but I enjoy lemon grass by itself and lavendar.

Here on AT I read some like "5 Thieves" or something to that effect.

I use to use a wood based diffuser when in Japan and often used Lemongrass.

Am wanting to use an electronic one now, so been looking for over a month. Glad I caught this on the off chance. :thumbsup:

So just

an update.

I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...il diffuser&qid=1453268249&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

so far I think it works really good. my favorite is straight lavender...a drop or two.

I've tried a couple of my own mixes...not great so far...I haven't found a combination I really like besides the lavender...I would like to try some essential oil blends, something someone else already experimented with and smells good...

Any suggestions for combinations or companies that sell nice blends?