Tarot of Prague - Limited Edition

MissChiff

I sat around all day waiting on mine and they just put a notice in my box! Jackasses!!

Le Fanu

This will be my last post.

I have had to use these last few days to wean myself off from logging on here. To gently break the habit of a decade. I am secretly devastated - but I suppose these outpourings are for another thread.

What better way to say goodbye than to log on and gush love. Love for tarot, love for something special that came in the post today, love for something that I want to share here. That was always the biggest pleasure here. Coming here at the end of the day to gush and share, dismiss and giggle.

I received my limited edition Tarot of Prague today. It is exquisite. Huge and coppered and magical and otherworldly. An idea from over a decade ago honed to perfection.

It was MRP that brought me here in the first place after I discovered the Victorian Romantic in a bookshop in Manchester in 2007 (?) I was ushered into these hallowed purple salons and have never looked back. There has been sadness and private melancholy over the last (almost) 10 years I have been here - but what is wonderful is that I could come here at the end of the day, keep my melancholy to myself and forget. I could talk about a beautiful deck - like the Tarot of Prague - and life was a little less bleak. Putting words to tarot has given me such pleasure and I have no idea where I'll go from here. Am I doomed to be forever clicking "like" into all eternity?

But back to the deck. It is so beautiful. And it makes me sad. All those beautiful decks that will no doubt come my way in the future and I am not sure who I will be able to talk to about them. I feel like I'm up against a wall. These big cards magnify tarot beauty. Another one of those tarot surprises - the decks we almost didn't buy.

I think what I want to remember about AT is how it enabled me to forget. And I want to thank everyone who has helped me to forget. To switch off, keep the practical, material world of work and trivial vexations at bay. A beautiful deck - like the Tarot of Prague - and a thread at AT in which to gush. What greater pleasure?