Are some decks more likely than others to hold onto energies?

Grizabella

I think I've lost the plot, as the Brits say. lol :p I'm going to read over what your question was and maybe I can get up to speed better.

I think I confused energies and spirits. Probably because it seems to me that spirits do carry energy, so then my next step was to think that a negative or bad spirit would leave negative or bad energy in a deck if it were used to contact spirits.

Anyway----sorry for the confusion. It's that kind of day for me today. :)

violetdaisy

Sorry I dropped this thread after setting it up! Found myself in a phase of not getting to AT much, just as I'd got into this. I notice two things mainly:

1. People assuming that I am (or anyone would be) concerned if a deck does pick up energies. Personally I don't think it a negative or positive thing, the energies can be bad or good, and can in some cases help the readings work better rather than "weighting" them (in my experience).

2. The majority of opinion seems to be that it's the reader rather than the deck. OK, that's a tentative conclusion. :) Doesn't explain why one reader may find it happens more with certain decks... but overall, there don't seem to be certain decks that are found to have energies cling to them more than other decks, by most/all readers who notice that kind of thing.

Hiya! Hopefully I didn't imply only negative energies - Just stronger ones - pick your mild ones and amplify them. That's what likely is transferred to cards and hangs out. I will say that perhaps individuals are more sensitive to negative energies than positive ones and that's what they're likely to notice. If someone gave you two cups of ice cream, both pink, and one tasted like strawberries and the other like childrens cough syrup - which would you remember most and be able to describe in most detail your reaction to? I try to notice all of the feelings I am experiencing - so that I can determine if they're mine or my husbands or daughters etc.

I used to think of myself as a "realist" and realized that I tended towards pessimism and negativity because that was my reality. But then I realized that I help create my reality so ....

As far a consensus on exactly which decks are most sticky I'm sure there are some creative ways to help someone discover the why for themselves. Sure, they may not fit the perfect scientific method - but if I had a dozen decks and I felt that a couple of them "felt" more than others (which I do with my collection) I think it would be fun to have a group of open minded people anonamously pick their "top two" and place the answers in a sack, box, whatever, to see if your group is similarly sensitive :)

Unfortunately, I don't have a group of open-minded individuals readily available to try it out on...perhaps the next time my daughter decides to have 5 or 6 friends over we can test it out :) I am a solid believer that those who are still developing rapidly in all areas are most sensitive - irrational perhaps, but sensitive. I guess I would place each deck securely in a paper sack and have each person hold each one. This way they couldn't tell which was which or "pick favorites."

MandMaud

I think I've lost the plot, as the Brits say. lol :p I'm going to read over what your question was and maybe I can get up to speed better.

I think I confused energies and spirits. Probably because it seems to me that spirits do carry energy, so then my next step was to think that a negative or bad spirit would leave negative or bad energy in a deck if it were used to contact spirits.

Anyway----sorry for the confusion. It's that kind of day for me today. :)

:laugh::laugh: I always feel SO much better when it's someone else that does something like that! :angel:

MandMaud

Hiya! Hopefully I didn't imply only negative energies - Just stronger ones - pick your mild ones and amplify them. That's what likely is transferred to cards and hangs out. I will say that perhaps individuals are more sensitive to negative energies than positive ones and that's what they're likely to notice. If someone gave you two cups of ice cream, both pink, and one tasted like strawberries and the other like childrens cough syrup - which would you remember most and be able to describe in most detail your reaction to? I try to notice all of the feelings I am experiencing - so that I can determine if they're mine or my husbands or daughters etc.

I used to think of myself as a "realist" and realized that I tended towards pessimism and negativity because that was my reality. But then I realized that I help create my reality so ....

As far a consensus on exactly which decks are most sticky I'm sure there are some creative ways to help someone discover the why for themselves. Sure, they may not fit the perfect scientific method - but if I had a dozen decks and I felt that a couple of them "felt" more than others (which I do with my collection) I think it would be fun to have a group of open minded people anonamously pick their "top two" and place the answers in a sack, box, whatever, to see if your group is similarly sensitive :)

Unfortunately, I don't have a group of open-minded individuals readily available to try it out on...perhaps the next time my daughter decides to have 5 or 6 friends over we can test it out :) I am a solid believer that those who are still developing rapidly in all areas are most sensitive - irrational perhaps, but sensitive. I guess I would place each deck securely in a paper sack and have each person hold each one. This way they couldn't tell which was which or "pick favorites."

That looks like a good (scientific! ;)) method for a trial. I haven't got a convenient group of testers either. Of course a real study, to be valid, would need a heck of a lot more than half a dozen people.

I'm coming to think we can't settle this in a forum, it would take large-scale research, and frankly it isn't a question worth the trouble. Would have been very interesting if we had found certain decks much more prone to holding onto energies. Hey, wouldn't it be fun if someone did do that research and later went on to isolate the properties of those decks... and extrapolate to a storage method for energies...

... Getting a bit too Ghostbusters now. :laugh:

Barleywine

Hey, wouldn't it be fun if someone did do that research and later went on to isolate the properties of those decks... and extrapolate to a storage method for energies...

... Getting a bit too Ghostbusters now. :laugh:

Ha! An ectoplasmic containment in your very own deck of cards! I think I want one . . .

Thoughtful

My first deck was Titania's Fortune Cards a Lenormand based deck, I bonded incredibly with that deck, got amazingly accurate readings from it and then, well, it went off somehow. The readings were all doom and gloom and just didn't work anymore for a better word and this was after years of use. I kept them out of sentimentality but this year I threw them away in the recycle bin

You are certainly not alone in this. l had the same experience with Kat Black's golden Tarot. It was my first ever tarot, loved it, it gave me 5 years of incredible readings. One day l shuffled and laid a spread out, l could not read with it, made no sense whatsoever. After a few days of frustration l had to put them away. This lead to me looking at and buying another tarot deck and that has not stopped :laugh: Funny thing is I felt to get them out again after at least 4/5 years and they startled me with their accuracy and new found clarity. So glad l did not get rid of them, like you I have a very sentimental connection to them.

Now as to energies was it possible that after so much use my cards had come to saturation point? l do believe that we exude a lot of psychic energy when reading, l never even thought to cleanse or clear the cards after the readings. Maybe our energies can transfer into the cards leaving a kind of psychic imprint. Nowadays l use an assortment of different decks for readings, so this may give time for the residue imprints to dissipate from the cards until l use them again. Interesting thread.

Eta: l just remembered that after using my Roots of Asia non-stop for a few weeks and doing some very in-depth readings, same thing happened. l put them aside for a few weeks and all was well again. That is what made me remember to rotate my decks. So there you have it, if it is not residue energy imprint what is it.