Name your deck?

gregory

I have a car called The Kitten. His predecessor was called Bluebell. I've also had Birdie, Tich, Rhubarb and Max.... Cars LIKE names.

I don't name decks - they come to me with names and I don't want to give them identity crises. They might get awkward about working with me !

Barleywine

I have a car called The Kitten. His predecessor was called Bluebell. I've also had Birdie, Tich, Rhubarb and Max.... Cars LIKE names.

I don't name decks - they come to me with names and I don't want to give them identity crises. They might get awkward about working with me !

Name them something so obscure and arcane that they will be so busy trying to discern your intent they they will never notice you're stealing their secrets.

page of wands

You've inspired me what to name my decks.

Gilded Tarot is named Gilda after the the witch in the Wizard of Oz.

Fairy Tale Oracle Lenormand is named Tinkerbell.

Shade

My favourite deck is my Gay Tarot and I call it Bianca del Tarot. Because she tells it like it is and she doesn't take crap from anyone.

Perfect - though that deck is gonna deliver some sassy readings.

Hmmm I don't know how I haven't given names to my decks but its an idea that has merit! I'm not sure about proper names but I can see several decks being "old friend" "my dear" and "you rapscallion."

rwcarter

The only one of my decks that I can think of that I've named is the New Mythic Tarot. I call it "The Abomination".

Less a name than a descriptor, I call the Tapestry Tarot "fugly".

Rodney

mrpants

My favourite deck is my Gay Tarot and I call it Bianca del Tarot. Because she tells it like it is and she doesn't take crap from anyone.

LOL Brilliant.

Michellehihi

I know friends who have named their cars and other objects they use often. I have tried but I can never think of names. Sometimes I fear that if I ever had a cat that it would get called "Cat". :D I like the idea in principle but in practice I just call the decks whatever their creators named them.

My dog is called Charlotte but sometimes I call her "The Dog" haha!
But for my decks, I keep the names they were given at birth.

DDwarks

I call my cards My Bitches! Its true I swear. It's endearing to me, like my friends or confident.
I have my thothie bitches, gilded ones, ancient ones etc...

Yellow

The only one of my decks that I can think of that I've named is the New Mythic Tarot. I call it "The Abomination".

Less a name than a descriptor, I call the Tapestry Tarot "fugly".

Rodney

haha this almost made me choke on my coffee!

This is a brilliant thread with hilarious responses. :) I never named a deck but I am tempted now...

Barleywine

If I ever find that "one deck to rule them all," I think I'll name it Sauron, he of the all-seeing Eye. The Thoth is pretty close to that but now has competition.