Leftover energy?

Nemia

I cleanse my cards by putting them back into order and shuffling them :) They feel fine.

BlueSun

Diessa: I do feel that was what was happening.

Barleywine and Sunchariot: You are right. I was intensely focused on one topic, and was INTERRUPTED by a phone call. Immediately after hanging up, I did a quick reading on a topic regarding that caller. I really was not finished with the first topic yet.

The weird cards seemed to be answering the first topic instead, since they were consistent with the questions I was asking about the first topic.

Nemia: I think I shuffled my cards well enough, but I don't put them back in order first though--lots of work.

Thank you, All, for your insights!

nisaba

Recently, I have been doing readings on a particular topic fairly frequently. For the last two times or so, when I immediately asked about ANOTHER TOPIC in the same sitting, the resulting cards did not make sense. It seemed like the cards were still talking about the previous subject. Could it be that the cards were still carrying the leftover energy of the previous topic?

Has this happen to anyone? How long should one wait before asking a question of a different topic? Or how should one "cleanse" the cards of the previous energy?

I think what was happening was that in your head *you* hadn't switched topics. The cards reflected your inner world, which is their job after all.

Also, reading and re-reading on the same issue over and over again without leaving time between readings to go out into the world and do the necessary work on the subject, then give it time to settle after the real-world work before your next reading, will eventually just scramble your circuits and you won't be able to get sense from your cards.

Just imagine if you were your deck of cards (or even someone's friend). They ask you the same question over and over and over, without taking your advice or doing anything about it. What do you do? Sooner or later you throw your hands up in the air and say "I give up! I'm not going to answer you any more! Whatever I say, you don't act on it! I'm just going to talk rubbish fron now on."

And really, decks *do*, if you don't take their answers and work with them. You only have to look around the forum and find the numbers of threads from people who say that their decks stopped giving them accurate readings when they repeatedly asked about the same situations for too long. :(

BlueSun

Nisaba: Yes, I hadn't switched topics in my head, even thought my mouth was asking another topic.

Nemia

Putting the deck back into order really is not much work, and for me, it's a quick, fun and easy way to making sure I get a totally fresh start in my next reading.

EmpyreanKnight

Putting the deck back into order really is not much work, and for me, it's a quick, fun and easy way to making sure I get a totally fresh start in my next reading.

I do the very same thing, right after every reading. Also, if I feel that a reading is particularly exhausting, I clasp my deck between my hands while I say my prayers. I feel that this is a good way of grounding myself and pacing the energy of the cards.