Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

FLizarraga

I bought one of each item mentioned - two through different Amazon sellers and one from bookdepository. We'll see what arrives when they get here.

Rodney, under what name did you find it at bookdepository? I can't find anything even close to it there, even including the "von" --which makes me feel like I'm searching for German nobility...

Le Fanu

mmm....Flizarraga's right, it has the word "deluxe". That's what I thought was the right deck and I got the Rosicrucian-backed one.

I'm betting that's not it (sorry rodney... I could be wrong)

rwcarter

That's right. But it has the name of the edition with the Rosicrucian backs, though. *sigh*

mmm....Flizarraga's right, it has the word "deluxe". That's what I thought was the right deck and I got the Rosicrucian-backed one.

I'm betting that's not it (sorry rodney... I could be wrong)
It'll go into my collection of Rider Waites then. :)

Rodney

Tibor

I received my deck from tarotworld.com. I knew that the cards would have the Rosicrucian backs but what I did not expect was the copyright on the back of the cards which is rather long [(c)1993,2007 Koeningsfurt-Urania Verlag GmbH] and disturbing. It would have been so perfect otherwise. Moreover for some weird reason 35 of the 78 cards have the copyright on the bottom right corner and the rest of the cards have it on the top left corner (not sure what that was about). The colour of the images is perfect, muted and there is no copyright on the front so this somewhat makes up for it. I'm still trying to get used to the copyright on the back. I can't trim these off because the images would not be even on the front. I will try to get used to the copyright on the back although not sure if I will ever be able to :( (I dunno why they have to make their English editions differently and ruin them like that)

Le Fanu, do you have the copyright on the back of the cards the same way I do?
(Btw I think that the Deluxe edition is the giant cards.)

PS: I ended up trimming mine and while I like the way it turned out it does not riffle shuffle very well due to the trim and the cards not aligning perfectly as a deck :( I am hoping that the Premium edition (albeit in German) will be really the best of them all.

Le Fanu

It'll go into my collection of Rider Waites then. :)

Rodney
like mine did!
And Yes, Tibor, mines the giant version with the long copyrights on the backs.

rwcarter

Got an email from one of the sellers concerned that I'd mistakenly ordered the wrong thing cause it's in German and wanting me to confirm that's what I meant to order. While I appreciate the thought, at this point in my tarot journey, it doesn't matter to me what language the titles of a Rider Waite are in cause I don't pay attention to them anyway. The images are so ingrained in my brain that titles are completely unnecessary with that deck! So it's back to being on its way to me. :)

Rodney

Tibor

Got an email from one of the sellers concerned that I'd mistakenly ordered the wrong thing cause it's in German and wanting me to confirm that's what I meant to order. While I appreciate the thought, at this point in my tarot journey, it doesn't matter to me what language the titles of a Rider Waite are in cause I don't pay attention to them anyway. The images are so ingrained in my brain that titles are completely unnecessary with that deck! So it's back to being on its way to me. :)

Rodney

....meanwhile my deck got lost in transit. It was just confirmed to me by Amazon uk :( needless to say that I had to reorder it but this time I selected one day delivery for an additional (£5.99) I wish I had signed up for Prime. Anyway I should finally receive it tomorrow.

rwcarter

I did get the version with the Rosicrucian backs. Card stock feels a little thin. The cards were ordered weirdly though. All the Minor suits were ranked Ace, Queen, King, Knight, Page. The Swords were ordered 10 down to 2 but the other suits were ordered 2 up to 10.

So, yes, it'll get added to my collection of RWS decks.

Rodney