TOADies Anonymous.

Booklioness

Certainly a gorgeous and unique deck. Seems like one that would take awhile to 'get to know', not all that intuitive, and a little muddled with all the grunge over the images, but that's me and my biases.

This isn't the enablers thread, so I'm not going to tell you to go for it, just to weigh very carefully whether it's something you really want and will use (or at least make a concerted attempt at using) or something that will sit on a shelf being a collector's item. I'd consider things like cardstock, packaging, etc. Will this truly be a luxury you want to dig deep on and is a pleasure to use, or is it just a limited edition you're afraid of losing out on? Things to consider before breaking your buying sobriety.

Excellent, and wise advice. Thank you barefootlife.

RavenLuna

I pre-ordered something, but it won't come until October, so that doesn't count ::gulp::
Honestly, truly, I think I've got enough decks. I don't know what's wrong with me.

banbha

I pre-ordered something, but it won't come until October, so that doesn't count ::gulp::
Honestly, truly, I think I've got enough decks. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I did the same thing, I ordered a deck from Amazon that will come in October. Glad to hear that it doesn't count. All I needed was confirmation lol. And I ordered another deck with no delivery date established. Why, it could come next year. :p

Thoughtful

l have stayed off the buying bug for quite a while and was very pleased with myself until...... l saw that sweet little deck the Hanson Roberts. Just had to have it love the little faces, they say so much. Hopefully l have not strayed too far, but as they say, have one drink, one smoke, and in this case one tarot, and you are back on the rocky road again :laugh:

earthair

How do you deal when the deck you're lusting after is a limited edition and you're worried about not being able to get it?

Try to look directly at it? :smoker: A bit like the sun...

Carojulie

How do you deal when the deck you're lusting after is a limited edition and you're worried about not being able to get it?

If you are just lusting after the ONE deck, you are still safe enough.... not a junky yet !
You can safely either hint around to people around you, that this deck would make a suitable birthday present, or you can simply wait until you can afford it and just buy it for yourself.
You are actually taking less risk with a limited edition, because, if by any chance you end up not liking it, it will be easier to sell or trade that a more common deck would be.

But, if you have already bought several decks last month, and today are lusting after several more decks... if you feel that you absolutely need deck A, deck B and deck C in your life, when you already have more decks that you can count on the fingers of both hands.... then you know you are in trouble and have hit the right thread !

Booklioness

Last night I ordered two more decks... I had worked so much with them over the weekend on my Apps, that I had to have them for 'real'. One through Amazon, the other through Etsy... I need to force myself to use each one every day of the week, to alternate.

Dogs&Coffee

Signed up for a tarot class, and ironically the only deck I don't have is the required RWS... FFS... the buying of which broke the seal on my self imposed no buying...

Falcor

Signed up for a tarot class, and ironically the only deck I don't have is the required RWS... FFS... the buying of which broke the seal on my self imposed no buying...

Oh the irony...It made me laugh =]

<3

Carojulie

Lol !