21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card; Discussion for the ADEPT level

coyoteblack

/CHEER MARY

She deserves it !!

Jewel

YAY for Mary! Well deserved.

coyoteblack

it is the first week of september and I am assuming we will be starting soon. we still dont have a format and such ready yet .

Any ideas what we will be doing?

dadsnook2000

Soon

I'll get back to you this evening. It is indeed time to get things going. Dave

rachelcat

I haven't posted here yet, so I'll just let you know I'm in. I'm sure whatever format/rules/ideas you (Dave and everyone!) come up with will be great. I have another yellow notebook all ready to go! (I haven't decided what deck to use, yet, though. Hmmm . . . ) I'm looking forward to it!

dadsnook2000

Time To Get Things Going !!!

September is here. Vacations are mostly over. Its time to Tarot!

From everyone's comments, I've put together the following thoughts for us to discuss or to adopt. Keep in mind that everything might have to be more flexible -- reading ahead on the Adept level, I can see that we will probably need to tailor our approach for many steps. So, common sense and freely given and accepted inputs from all will guide us through any adjustments that we have to make.

** Pace/time of steps following steps: Flexibility seems to be indicated by the nature of some of the exercises. Some steps may take a couple of weeks to do.

** Participation: I see this as being possibly mixed. Of course, we have those of us who strongly participated in the Apprentice Level. I believe that I should "advertise" in the Advertising forum and here in the Studies forum for tarot-experienced students and readers to join us at the Adept Level. I will also invite any who wish to join the Apprentice Level as well. Accordingly, I will identify the ADEPT LEVEL threads differently.

** Support and Buddy System: Any who wish to work together can continue to do. There are a few steps where it looks like a group effort will be more fruitful. Anyone who needs a buddy can get paired up as someone becomes available. Otherwise, we will all pitch in as we have done before and are still doing for new joiners in the Apprentice Level threads.

** Finally, after we all have had our inputs, I will post a set of guidelines for the ADEPT level for any beyond the original group who join us.

These are my ideas. Please feel free to comment on these or other issues. I'd like to get started by mid-month. Dave.

coyoteblack

Flexible I like it. It will take time to finish these adept level steps but also we will need some guidelines as no time limit will cause procrastination.

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
Flexible I like it. It will take time to finish these adept level steps but also we will need some guidelines as no time limit will cause procrastination.
I agree with this, and your suggestions Dave. As some steps it is obvious will take more time than others, perhaps we can set a timeline for each individual step ... some one week some more depending on the level of involvement the step requires.

Personally I think I will tailor this work to my reading style (which will include most of the steps), but I will post on threads for steps I am not using explaining why I have chosen not to do that specific step. The reason I would like to do this, is more to ensure that I have thought completely through each step independent of whether I use it or not, not to dismiss anything. So I will participate in all threads in one way or another. Based on the my reading style (taken for the appendix in 21 Ways) I will be doing most of the steps.

Teheuti

Mary Greer looking in

I'm so excited that you all (all 4 or 5 of you!) are going to take on the adept level of my book.

I agree that some steps would work best as a group effort as they were originally designed for group brainstorming in my classes. Not everyone is going to want to do all the activities individually. Others are so involved that you just might want to summarize your experience. Flexibility and creative play are the keys.

There's probably a few activities that could be set up with a poll format to begin with and commentary to follow - such as Activity 2:3.

Activity 3:3 is based on my Emotions Research Project (sponsored by the American Tarot Association), which I'd like to start up again. I've recently learned of a Survey Tool that might make this possible. Of course, to make the survey usable I have to limit everyone to the same deck - the Rider-Waite-Smith. But, I'd love to hear about the experiences you have assigning emotions to the cards in other decks.

Some of these "Adept" activities take quite a bit of time or are not everyone's cup of tea, so I recommend that you let people continue through the steps even if they don't do every activity. For instance, someone might not have another person with whom s/he can do a reading. Individuals can note the activities they resisted and go back later to see if it's possible to do them at another stage.

Also, I have a special request from those who have completed the Way of the Apprentice: I'd love to have anyone-interested write a review of _21 Ways_ on Amazon. It's rare to get commentary from those who've worked with the book as deeply as you have, and there are not yet many reviews of this book. Feel free to ignore this request (I'm ever hopeful).

If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them.

Mary

dadsnook2000

For Mary, and the rest of us, too

I'm sure that we would be inclined to write a review. I for one would want to collect my thoughts and do a sincere job of it. For this type of task (it sounds like such a poor word choice for something that was so fun), I'd probably switch back and forth between the threads and a Word document so that I could write as I went along. Later, I could cut and paste into an Amazon review page. For me, this assures that I catch all the points that were most important. Anyways, thats the approach I'll take.

We may have more than the number of those who have, or will, completed the Apprentice level. I'm going to advertise in both the Study Forum and the Advertising Forum to let experienced students and readers know about our study group and the Adept Level activities. We may end up with more participants to share the fun and learning with.

Dave