Sun and Moon Tarot - The High Priestess

Claire Voyante

In this card I see a cresent moon, which makes me think of a new start, or just started. It is set in the sunsetting sky. That makes me think that it means an ending, but with the cresent moon it means a new begininng is already here.

There are plam trees in the background, which make me think of a vacation on the beach. It makes me want to grab a coconut drink and recline on a lawn chair on the beach. There are ragged cliffs also, it makes me think that you should be careful where you step.

There are two pillars, one black and one white. The black makes me think the bad side and the white side makes me think the good side. They look like chess pieces, the towers to be exact. So they remind me of protection. There is always a person standing watch for signs of danger in the tower. The white tower seems to be bigger, which makes me think that the good is outweighing the bad.

Now we come to a woman who is standing between the two towers, which I think means she is trying to decide which action to take. She has clothes that comes up from the ocean and wrap around her. So she seems magical to me. Her curly hair is put up, which can mean that she put it up so she could focus better. Then she has a headband with a sun sitting in a crescent moon. It looks familiar, but I don't know what it symbolizes. Maybe it symbolizes that the time for change has ended and that she is wanting to become happy (hence the sun sitting on top of the moon). She has a book sitting on a stand, so it looks like to me she is performing some kind of ritual. Maybe to help her move on in a certain situation.

Simple

Well since she's the priestess, I think she's pulling power from both sun and moon (images from headband). And the image is at night so her power is her subconsciousness, her psyche. So I get that she's very intuitive. She also has a book in front of her so it means either she's learning or she's performing a ritual.

Besides intuition, does anyone else has other meaning for the priestess? How different is her intuition compared to Queen of Cups?