What started your lenormand journey?

Lil Red

Hi everyone,

I like to listen to everyone stories, since it is hard to find people who has any lenormand stories. I hope you do not mind me asking, but how did you started your lenormand journey? How did you figure out that lenormand was for you and how were you introduce to it? Was it to your expectations?

Lil Red

I started my lenormand journey last year when I saw the Blue Owl lenormand in Tarot Dame BlogSpot, but that was just a quick glance since at the time I did not care much about it. It was not until the end of fall that I bought the Lenormand Oracle by Laura Tuan plus The Secrets of Lenormand Oracle by Sylvie Steinbach. It had entertained me for a while, but the book was not my cup of tea. I could never get pass the Stars. It was frustrating, so I put that down. I decided to take the lenormand in a different approach. I started researching blogs, heard podcast, youtube, and was finding information in other forums, but no matter what I always came back to this forum. Since this is where I learned tarot and if I learned tarot here than I can learn lenormand here as well.

After the year ended I still learned nothing. I was still confused and lost. It was a hopeless case. It is not like tarot where I just can read the card intuitionally. Nope, I was a lost cause, but that did not stop me from learning it. Nope, instead I started listening to more podcast, started reading people threads in here, started chatting with some people, which lead me getting the confidence in asking for help, and when Rana George book came out then everything started falling to place.

It is like learning a new language where at first you have trouble with it, but once you take your time and listen to the words carefully than it suddenly make sense. Yes, there will be times where I am still confused and do not know what to do, but hey that is the process of learning it or that is how I think of it.

I may be a newbie when it comes to it, but at least I am having fun along the way and gaining confidence in myself. That is what really counts for me. :D

Ryver

I blame Ciro Marchetti

I had some similar type oracle cards like Gypsy Witch for years but didn't really attempt to use them much. I mainly stuck with Tarot since I knew it best and was too lazy to struggle through learning a new system when Tarot was easier because it was much more familiar.

Not too long ago I finally got around to using the Gilded Tarot and fell in love with the artwork. I noticed Ciro made other decks, including Gilded Reverie Lenormand. I was curious and in love with his art... or at least deeply infatuated. ;) It was strong enough attraction to make my put down Tarot a little more often and begin the Lenormand journey. I've acquired other Lenormand decks and enjoy using them now too.

I think I'm getting a good feel for when I should use Tarot vs Lenormand for different questions or situations. Sometimes I use both.

Barleywine

My journey is about to start, since I plan to get my first Lenormand deck soon. My impression of it is that it is simpler than tarot (which I've been using for four decades now), primarily because there aren't as many possible permutations of any one factor, and thus perhaps it is more suitable for the sort of questions that I presently handle with geomancy and horary astrology. Just an unsubstantiated notion so far, but I'm intrigued by the card names and images.

danieljuk

I had a reading that someone kindly started doing for feedback in the oracles section when Lenormand was not big at all, a few years ago! I had never heard of it before :) Then later on, at the end of 2012, people started a thread about which oracle was the most accurate for you in 2012? Lenormand and Tea Leaf Oracle came out as the most accurate!

So in early 2013 I bought each! and I started my Lenormand journey :)

SunChariot

Hi everyone,

I like to listen to everyone stories, since it is hard to find people who has any lenormand stories. I hope you do not mind me asking, but how did you started your lenormand journey? How did you figure out that lenormand was for you and how were you introduce to it? Was it to your expectations?

Honestly, I have been a reader for a while but never thought to try the Lenormand or even knew anything at all about it.

It started for me (about 2 months ago) when I was on Ciro Marchetti's website and saw his version of the Lenormand. I fell instantly in love with it. I found it so beautiful. I never thought of the Lenormand before or knew anything about it. But when I saw it I wanted that deck and to work with it. I just found it stunning.

And so I ordered one and I started to learn and I ADORE the Lenormand system now. Honestly it is by far one of my favourite ways to read. I clicked with it right away emotionally and I even got signs before it came that I was meant to work with it.

I just adore the deck and I could not be happier I found it.

And if Ciro is out there and happens to read this, I do thank you from the bottom of my heart for setting me down this path that is meaning so much to me now.:heart:

If I had not seen his beautiful deck on his site, I would not have been where I am now with this. And I love where I am now. Very grateful to have found the Lenormand.

Babs