How do you deal with health or type of people related to health issues

Lil Red

This thread was split from Coffin Talk

How do you deal with health or type of people related to health issues in the lenormand? I know that Scythe + Heart could mean a heart surgery, a Bear could mean an overweight person or a person buff person, or Whip + Man a trainer.

That is what I can come up so far. I was also thinking that Cross + Man could be a clergy. Oh I just figure out a bible thumper Cross + Man + Book :joke:

And back I go to my studies.

Rayo

I wanted to practice health readings, just to help me remember what the cards were related to. So I tried watching a few episodes of House and I kept pulling cards along the episode and asking which symptom would show up next. It was a very interesting exercise.

The fish came out for kidney failure, the heart for heart attack. I got the moon once and even though I read in Rana George's book that it relates to female organs and cycles, it was actually referring to loss of consciousness, which I found interesting. Some of these came with the whip card and I think that was indicating the pain or struggle of that particular organ (as in the kidney struggling to function but failing) and some others with the tree card (this one came out almost every time and I thought that was awesome). Oh, I also got the stork and the tree when the guy got a serious leg injury.

Ryver

that is just incredible! Thank you for sharing that. I never though to watch House as a Lenormand exercise for health reading practice.

Izzydunne

For fortune tellers, the matter of health is a tricky issue. No one is allowed to diagnose or treat illness unless one has a license to do so. Is this right and fair? Who knows, but is is the law in the US. So.........when dealing with issues of health is a reading for a client it is best to be very cautious. For example, if I see Tree+a bad card (you know which ones I am talking about), then it is fine to say that there may be a health problem. However, if you begin to describe the health problem and say that it is diabetes, or hypertension, or any other medical condition, then you have stepped into the realm of diagnosis. If reported to the Board of Medical Examiners, there will be trouble. And besides............a reader can be wrong, and cause the client unnecessary worry. So, my advise is to be very careful in matters of health.

Lil Red

That is true Izzydunne. It is the reason why tarot is in the entertainment business and I would never try to do any health readings for any querent since I am not a doctor nor am I qualified.

I posted this thread so we can see what combination would come up as well for learning purposes only.

greatdane

I don't. Health questions are for doctors. I tread VERY carefully with health questions. Even if someone says I've just been feeling a little down....I mention a dr. I clarify what the sitter is really looking for. I think it's dangerous to go down that path.

Seaqueen

That is true Izzydunne. It is the reason why tarot is in the entertainment business and I would never try to do any health readings for any querent since I am not a doctor nor am I qualified.

I posted this thread so we can see what combination would come up as well for learning purposes only.

I think the question you posed is the same as any other game we play with the Lenormand. I think it is a good exercise in the interpretative process.

Personally, I prefer not to read Health questions. However, if a client is sick with worry about an outcome of someone's surgery then I think it is up the cartomancers' code of ethics on how to handle the situation.

clover+sun= fast recovery
sun+mouse= slow loss of energy

;)

andybc

It’s almost impossible to stop the petit-Lenormand discussing health issues. Health and life itself forms the core meaning of two cards, the Tree and High Tower respectively.

Similarly the Coffin and Whips and have an effect on the health of querent in readings and especially the GT.

Basically, you just have to learn what to look for. When you do see something bad, you tactfully tell your clients when they should go and checked out.