Lenormand Mystery Movie #1 [Solved]

Glass Owl

[size=+1]LENORMAND MYSTERY MOVIE #1[/size]
Use your Lenormand cards to deduce the name of this movie!

2nqqi5u.jpg

(Image has been blurred, but yes, it is an image from the movie!)​

Directions
Pull cards for the question(s) you would like to ask. Here are some potentially useful questions to read on:
  • Genre
  • Story
  • Plot
  • Beginning
  • Middle
  • End
  • Characters
  • Protagonist
  • Antagonist
  • As well as other questions that you believe will help you.

Be sure to read through the readings posted by others and build off of those.

Readings & Feedback: Guidelines
  • When posting readings, be sure to provide card interpretations and post the name of the deck you used.
  • As this thread is in Lenormand Games, Lenormand cards must be used. Lenormand readings may include other cards, such as Tarot or Oracle cards.
  • Feedback will be given, highlighting what is on and what is off in the readings.
  • You can not "win" the game if your guesses are not linked to the cards in some way.
  • Hints may also be given as the game goes on.

Flaxen

What is the plot of the mystery movie?

Tower + Clouds + Dog (Lilac Dondorf)

Hmmm, with the Tower first I would be inclined to think that the movie's plot revolves around an official agency, perhaps government. With the Clouds, I would think there is some sort of confusion or things are obscured. Add the Dog and there seems to be a plot line involving uncertain loyalties in a government agency or other official setting.

Glass Owl

Hmmm, with the Tower first I would be inclined to think that the movie's plot revolves around an official agency, perhaps government. With the Clouds, I would think there is some sort of confusion or things are obscured. Add the Dog and there seems to be a plot line involving uncertain loyalties in a government agency or other official setting.

- The government isn't involved but there is a big building/company.
- The issue of loyality does come into play. Plus, as it turns out, there is an actual dog in the movie.
- You are right, there is confusion. And with the Clouds in the middle, the card on the left represents one side and the right card is the other.

Flaxen

Thanks for the feedback. Love the literal dog!

Ok...Tell me about the main protagonist:

Whip + Ring + Garden (Flonz Lenormand)

Whip = Jack of Clubs so this could point to a young man with darker hair who is quite strident. He is married or in a committed relationship and has lots of friends (Ring + Garden).

Ring and Garden are often opposite qualities in relationships with one being about commitment and one indicating a 'player'. Perhaps this is where the indecision of the Clouds comes in? Is he trying to decided between staying committed to one thing or looking at expanding outwards?

ETA: just went to put my cards away and found the Book hidden underneath the Ring. The irony of this card being hidden does not escape me.:)

Perhaps secrets are also important - he is keeping things hidden.

Glass Owl

Thanks for the feedback. Love the literal dog!

Ok...Tell me about the main protagonist:

Whip + Ring + Garden (Flonz Lenormand)

Whip = Jack of Clubs so this could point to a young man with darker hair who is quite strident. He is married or in a committed relationship and has lots of friends (Ring + Garden).

Ring and Garden are often opposite qualities in relationships with one being about commitment and one indicating a 'player'. Perhaps this is where the indecision of the Clouds comes in? Is he trying to decided between staying committed to one thing or looking at expanding outwards?

ETA: just went to put my cards away and found the Book hidden underneath the Ring. The irony of this card being hidden does not escape me.:)

Perhaps secrets are also important - he is keeping things hidden.

- Yes, on the darker hair.
- I don't know if I would label him as a "young man." Character is probably supposed to be his 30's but the actor was in early 40s
- If you look at the repetitive nature of the Whip, this fits him. His job involves some repetition. Plus, we see him doing certain things a lot.
- Yes, the character is in a committed relationship for part of the movie but yes, you could say he is expanding his horizons.
- He is committed to his job which does involve other people. There is one scene where he is out socializing/networking. He is not well liked/received however by some.

On the Book:
- Yes, it is significant. He is keeping a secret.
- Plus, this card could be a huge clue if you were to look at it literally.

FLizarraga

Uh... Refuge + Threat + Dog = Cujo? (I'm only half-kidding.)

Rayo

I'm using the lenormand I made for myself and on the second question I combined it with the Shadowscapes tarot.

Have I watched this movie?
Cross + path

At first I read this as a no, but it could be a not really.
Thinking tradition + alternative: Maybe I watched an older version of this movie or, the opposite, this is a traditional version of a newer movie that I watched, or perhaps I read the story instead of watching. Are there multiple versions of the same story?

What is the genre of this movie?
Hierophant + Empress
Man + Stars

A man in a position of stability and a woman expressing sensuality and who enjoys life as something wished for or reached. The two lenormand cards are hearts.
Is it a romantic movie?

FLizarraga

OK. I get Coffin + Stars + Birds

So there's the end of something, a death, or the completion of a cycle. There are dreams or hopes fulfilled, or literally big movie stars. And there is communication, talks, gabfest.

Building on this and other people's readings, plus the clues you have provided, I have to ask: is this a movie about, er, two BOOKstores? That particular movie would fit all of the above to a T.

Glass Owl

I'm using the lenormand I made for myself and on the second question I combined it with the Shadowscapes tarot.

Have I watched this movie?
Cross + path

At first I read this as a no, but it could be a not really.
Thinking tradition + alternative: Maybe I watched an older version of this movie or, the opposite, this is a traditional version of a newer movie that I watched, or perhaps I read the story instead of watching. Are there multiple versions of the same story?
Yes, this film is a remake of another movie. Plus, its inspired by an even older, famous story.

What is the genre of this movie?
Hierophant + Empress
Man + Stars

A man in a position of stability and a woman expressing sensuality and who enjoys life as something wished for or reached. The two lenormand cards are hearts.
Is it a romantic movie?

Yes, it is a romantic film.