Liber T Minors: SOLVED!!

cheerium

I tried looking up some of the texts mentioned by Scion but was having difficulty, so the guide would be handy in that regard but it's all good, now everyone knows it's not available anymore at least.

Emily

While we all wait for his book, this doesn't mean it is impossible to study without his guide. The decans shed light on the minors, but act mainly to reinforce or support the already established methods for determining the card's meaning and significance. Scion in his guide relied, as far as I can tell, on already readily available text such as the Picatrix and Ibn Ezra. Both of these as-is, without Scion's accompanying text, would provide great insight into the decans, although he did make use of other sources.

I hope that by mentioning what is actually in the guide I haven't said something I shouldn't.

You can use Thoth books with the Liber T, I do all the time but what makes Scion's guide different is that the information is gathered into one book and Scion has made it readable and understandable. I think he researched for years, I know there were, I think, 2 versions of the PDF as he updated and added more. I printed the first version out then added the extra information from the second version, he could have sold the PDF as a book - it printed out to over 70 pages A4 size. I keep the PDF now online to flick through as it's always to hand.

I know it would be easy to send copies by email to whoever wanted it or to link where it is now but when it was first available you could only get it from Scion by being subscribed and he chose whether to send it out or not. I know it seems harsh but it should never have been placed and linked online in the first place.

I'm looking forward to his book coming out.

kalliope

Does anyone know what Scion is up to these days? Once upon a time there was a thread in which he discussed a class he taught to teenagers (I think?) that had them understanding and effectively reading the Thoth for others by the end of it. But it seemed like more than a regular tarot curriculum because it included relevant philosophy, etc.

I really wish he would put all of that material together into a book or course or something. I'd happily pay to get my hands on a comprehensive approach to these topics. I just read his review of the companion book for the Tarot of the Holy Light the other day and it reminded me how much I enjoy his writing.

Is anyone in touch with him? Has he ever thought about doing anything like this? Is the rumored book something that would cover this material, or is it about something else?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Links to the PDF are not allowed to be posted until such time as Scion confirms permission for that to happen. As he hasn't been around for quite a long time, Aeclectic is protecting his copyrighted work until he resurfaces. The PDF is not difficult to find online though.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Tarot Decks

Xanoxt

I am sorry to necropost, but are there any news on Scions book? I've been waiting for it for what, 5-7 years? :) Was able to get a copy of pdf back then, but I'd still like to buy a book.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Bumping old threads is encouraged at Aeclectic.