Mystical Cats Tarot

desertrat

I just received this deck today and I must say I am rather pleased with it. I'm happy that Llewellyn seems to have picked up the "No Borders" ball and run with it. Too bad they haven't yet done so with the "No Crappy Boxes" ball.

In the past, I'd always considered myself a dog person. We've always had dogs, never cats. I had a roommate with a cat once, she was sweet (the cat, not the roommate). So for a long time I stayed away from cat decks. But being a compulsive tarot deck buyer, that didn't last long, and I've found that cats seem to make good subjects for tarot decks. I have oodles of cat decks now and they all work well for me. This new one is pretty and sweet and fun! The colors are pleasantly soft and the cats are very catty. And there is a companion book, which is always a plus as far as I'm concerned.

I would enjoy hearing others' thoughts on this new deck. :)

HudsonGray

It looks pretty. Can you read with it? How does it work with you?

Serenia

I've been looking for a cat deck that appeals to me for ages because the other cat decks all have something to them that I don't like. But this deck looks really good so far! It's definitely on my wishlist, but it won't be released here before June 15th...

InkyAlchemy

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work. I love the artwork. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have investigated it some more. Pretty much, I spent time with the book. What I found interesting is the artist would infuse her watercolors with different herbs while she was creating the images.

Tarotwolf

Inky, Did the artist mention why she mixed herbs in with her watercolors? I've never heard of such a thing. Was it done to produce color effects or as a form of symbolic magic/intent?

Obsydian

She put catnip in every card too, and each card had different herbs. I thought that was the coolest thing.

This deck reads very well for me and it's so beautiful.

InkyAlchemy

Tarotwolf, she did it for magical/symbolic intent. I thought that was such an awesome idea!

Myrrha

The deck is a available on Etsy along with mugs, pendants, and tarot bags with artwork from the deck. This is the same artist that did the Hidden Path wiccan oracle. The pendants are cute.

Serenia

I got one of the beautiful tarot bags from their Etsy shop! I don't want to get the deck from them, though, because of the international shipping and because I'd have to pay 19% import sales tax on everything. I'll just have to wait for the deck to be released here.

ETA: Bookdepository has it!! Just ordered! It'll take about two and a half weeks to arrive, though, based on their usual shipping method.

Tarotwolf

That's a pretty cool idea with the cat nip and herbs. I might try that with a painting one of these days.

As a side note, cat nip is like LSD for some cats! My sister brought her cat over to stay with us this past weekend and before leaving she dumped a pile of cat nip on the floor as a going away treat. Fast forward a few hours that evening and we find "Charlie" high as a kite meowing incessantly into the wee hours of the night! (Our cat "Ruby" seems to be immune to the stuff!)