Sheridan-Douglas deck?

Flaxen

I used the Sheridan Douglas not that long ago as part of the Deck of the Week group.(Cassandra you can see some readings on my blog) It is one of my firm favourites. I love the use of colour in this deck - it makes for really fluid readings. I love to see how colour changes from one to to the next, where one colour starts in one card and where it ends up in another. The thickness of the cards doesn't really bother me but I'm someone who doesn't like cardstock which feels flimsy. :)

nisaba

I really, really want the deck as a black and white line drawing set of cards - exactly as in the book ...... I so wish that was available to buy :)

<deep sigh> Moi aussi!

Cassandra022

I used the Sheridan Douglas not that long ago as part of the Deck of the Week group.(Cassandra you can see some readings on my blog) It is one of my firm favourites. I love the use of colour in this deck - it makes for really fluid readings. I love to see how colour changes from one to to the next, where one colour starts in one card and where it ends up in another. The thickness of the cards doesn't really bother me but I'm someone who doesn't like cardstock which feels flimsy. :)

thanks for the heads up about your blog, will def have a look at those readings. i'm a very big color person so interesting to here that it works well for you in that regard :]

Cassandra022

well, thanks to you folks deck ordered from tarot garden :D

Cassandra022

just wanted to say, got the deck last night (tarot garden ships fast!) and quite pleased. It is thick, but for some reason heavy lamination talk here...I assumed it would be rather stiff and glossy but it's not all that stiff (sun and moon is worse on that count, I think...) and not obnoxiously glossy (USG and Schiffer decks MUCH worse offenders) and yeah. Nice :]

avalonian

I picked up a copy of the Sheridan Douglas yesterday in Glastonbury and found, to my amazement, that it is the 1972 edition. For £6.

The deck feels wonderful, all sort of used and loved.

:) :) :)

stellar4

Wow, Avalonian, well done! Good to know that bargains are still to be had. Did you find it in Labyrinth or Courtyard?

gregory

Hmmm ! Going there tomorrow; I shall look out for Good Stuff !

avalonian

Wow, Avalonian, well done! Good to know that bargains are still to be had. Did you find it in Labyrinth or Courtyard?

Found it in Courtyard, still in shock.

:) :) :)

avalonian

Hmmm ! Going there tomorrow; I shall look out for Good Stuff !

Not sure how likely it is that there will be anything there that you don't already have, but good luck!!

:) :D :)