Tarot Nusantara Reprint (?)

amu

Tarot Nusantara Reprint

Some of you may remember when the Tarot Nusantara was printed in a few years ago, and a few members were able to get their hands on a some copies. I may be wrong, but I believe the cards are being printed again! I'm not 100% sure, because the post is in Bahasa Indonesian.

I'm in love with this deck. I've been stalking most everything about it online for a little over a year since I first discovered it. The creator, Hisyam Fachri, has reposted this post onto his three different tarot-related Facebook pages. From what I can tell, it looks like he's selling 5 packs if you call the Indonesian hotline!

The post in question is here (you may have to 'like' his page):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...46023682689.2007592.1588564241&type=1&theater

I really hope they are being reprinted, because I'd simply love to own a copy. The deck is exactly what I personally am looking for. Is there any way we, in non-Indonesian countries, can get a deck?

BusyScholar

I really hope they are being reprinted, because I'd simply love to own a copy. The deck is exactly what I personally am looking for. Is there any way we, in non-Indonesian countries, can get a deck?

Okay, so I'm no expert translator, but I did have to pass a foreign language course once upon a time, which means I'm very familiar with using Bing's translation service.

As far as I can understand, there are more decks available, and they're coming with a bunch of extras, like a pendulum, a few books? (maybe just one, but I think it's coming with four books) and some other random goodies. It costs 280,000 rupiah... *quickly goes to find out how much money that is in USD...* It's $23.56 USD, which happens to be 25.87 CAD. Then it says you would have to include shipping.

Then he talks about how you have to wire him the money to that bank account he includes and work out the shipping details, then you'll get your deck. If you order five packages you get a sixth free.

Looks like an interesting deck, but the independent wire seems slightly sketchy.

amu

Hey thank you so much!!

Yeah, definitely a little sketchy with payments haha, especially because of the language barrier!

Hisyam Fachri isn't the artist of the deck (that would be this guy: http://transbonja.deviantart.com/art/Tarot-Nusantara-Arcana-Minor-134295851) but he is the only distributor. I assume because last time they were printed in 2010ish, and everyone recieved their decks, that he's a reliable business man. But you just can really never know!

BusyScholar

Hey thank you so much!!

Yeah, definitely a little sketchy with payments haha, especially because of the language barrier!

Hisyam Fachri isn't the artist of the deck (that would be this guy: http://transbonja.deviantart.com/art/Tarot-Nusantara-Arcana-Minor-134295851) but he is the only distributor. I assume because last time they were printed in 2010ish, and everyone recieved their decks, that he's a reliable business man. But you just can really never know!

Not a problem at all! :)

I'm a firm believer that past behavior is a pretty good indication of what is likely to happen in the future, so if the man seems reputable, go for it!

The only other issue I could see, besides the language barrier, would be shipping and customs. I can't imagine how much shipping costs from there, and I haven't a clue how customs works. You may want to talk to someone who has experience shipping and receiving international goods before placing your order.

Please keep us posted with how it all goes, and how you like the deck if you get it!

magpie9

This is exciting! Do a bunch of us want to go in together on this? I purely love this deck and would cherish a new copy!

Nina*

Definitely interested!

Flaxen

Wow! Missed out first time round and would love to try and get a copy.

velvetina

me too! they are gorgeous :)

Gulliver

Would be interested too.
This one looks really nice.

(I'm surprised how fast I change my mind not to buy a new tarot deck this year.)

agviz

And yet another interested person here.

I've never wired anyone money and I'm a little unsure how to proceed with shipping and customs. Has anyone contacted Hisyam Fachri about this offer yet? What's the word?