A question about Steampunk Tarot by John and Caitlin Matthews

kimtsan

Are the cards supposed to be out of order when you first purchase it?? And some cards are dusty...I bought this deck a few months ago but returned it because it looked really fishy (the cards were all out of order, wrapped together with a piece of paper and a tape)

Is this the original condition though? :/

AJ

don't know about the piece of paper and tape, but most of the time new cards are out of order.
Ordering the deck is the first thing you should do when you receive a deck and the last thing you do before selling one.

Welcome to AT by the way, if I haven't said it before!

gypsiejones71

hi there x where did you buy it?

kimtsan

I bought it online via Chapters Indigo. I'm suspicious because all the other tarot decks I have bought are all properly sequenced, following the right order of major arcana cards + minor arcana. The Steampunk Tarot I bought (twice) all have cards out of order + all over the place. Is it supposed to be like this??? :(

GoldenWolf

I think I remember mine being like that and wondering the same thing as there just a paper band around the cards. Between us that's three so likely that is how they were packaged from the start. It's unlikely there were three returned decks. I ordered mine through Amazon.com in the US.

Krystophe

Are the cards supposed to be out of order when you first purchase it?? And some cards are dusty...

Not sure about the "dusty" bit, but as long as they're all there does it really matter what order they come in?

Metafizzypop

Mine were out of order also. And wrapped in a couple of little paper strips.

kimtsan

Not sure about the "dusty" bit, but as long as they're all there does it really matter what order they come in?

The paper quality just feels a bit rough compared to the other decks I have...yeah the cards are all there. I was just worried that I might have gotten a returned deck that's been tampered with.

kimtsan

Mine were out of order also. And wrapped in a couple of little paper strips.

I think I remember mine being like that and wondering the same thing as there just a paper band around the cards. Between us that's three so likely that is how they were packaged from the start. It's unlikely there were three returned decks. I ordered mine through Amazon.com in the US.

Oh!! In that case, I feel much better now. XD I thought I was unlucky in getting two decks that might have been tampered with...apparently it's just the way it's packaged. Thanks guys!

Krystophe

yeah the cards are all there. I was just worried that I might have gotten a returned deck that's been tampered with.

I'm still not sure I understand the issue here...tampered with in what way? If the cards are all there and not torn, creased, stained, or otherwise less than pristine (dustiness aside), what exactly is your concern?