Lets talk about the Singers

Genna

I have the Singers coming up when I go through a hard time(sometimes three of a three card spread).They feel very protective towards me.They are pure good,I feel angelic energy there,the highest energy of the fae.
Always happy to see a Singer in my cards.Agree that The Singer of Courage reminds me of Strength.

Alissa

I've posted a lot about singers elsewhere, but I still wanted to put a small word in here too.

I didn't like the Singers when I first got the deck.

I raced right through them to get to the "real Faeries."

But, by using daily draws, and thinking about their titles or essences during the day I was able to start connecting to Their abstractness. I began to hear messages, see faces, wings, other Faeries behind and superimposed on Singers.... They really shape shift for me, which I adore.

Because I see them as vibrational, and highly charged with energy, I envision them as a guitar string that has been strongly plucked and vibrates in a blur of sound and motion. That, to me, is Singer-like energy.

I have trouble myself connecting Them to water, as to me I see them as energy, pure energy that exists in the astral (or "ether" in some religions, as the fifth element) realm. I see them as not of this world, but with it.

I hope that everyone who doesn't like Singers will continue to work with Them to see if that impression changes over time. For many it does, and I know it did for me ... although I didn't expect it to. :)

Butterfly

Chakras

Like Redwood, I've noticed that there are appear to be chakras that are lit up. For instance the singer of healing has the throat chakra, while transfiguration it is the more primal solar plexus, or maybe the base chakra which intuitively makes sense to me.

Cali7772003

Hey guys great thread. I did a 3 card reading last week and got 3 Singers it really confused me. It looked like it meant a lot of energy but I am not altoghether sure what the spread meant. I shuffled a lot and fanned them out and randomly picked and was shocked I got 3. I guess one of the reasons I love this deck is it does not box you into one way of seeing things they draw out a lot of feeling you have for some reason. Things that you have hidden deep inside that is proabably why they are very mysterious to me. Thanks.

BB,

jacx57

I just got the deck earlier this afternoon and the singers kinda struck me as "higher beings" almost... like the top level, top power kinda thing... course I havn't had time to bond with them yet, so that may all change.

Shade

Solus

What do folks think about Solus in relation to the singers? His placement among the cards puts him between the singers and the "rest" of the fae in the deck.

sagitarian

solus

This fae come up for me once in a reading, and in that reading, his message took the cake as far as the main message of the reading.

His message (and they change, so this isn't what he always means) was that of, don't be afraid of your own courage, be honest in everything you do as well as sincere, and you will always be in the right. You have nothing to fear as long as you remain honest both internally and externally.

I could feel the flames surrounded around him grow brighter and dimmer, as if they were moving, and I was VERY drawn to his eyes, the kind of eyes that always tell you the truth and you know it, with everything you are, you know it! The kind of eyes that feel as though they look into your soul and somehow, doesn't stop there. He is a very powerful fae.

Later on, I looked him up in the book to see what the starter definition was. I do remember reading that he is supposedly a cross between the grounded fae vs the singers or I call them angelic fae. Personally, I think all the fae are their own definition, but if one needed to classify him, then I can understand using this way to identify "what" he is other then a fae. It fits perfectly with how I felt him.

So, I do agree that he is the medium between the two, the bridge that links the singers to the other faery's.

jema

My internet connection broke down on monday and didn't come back until today.
During this time I got three "singers" for my daily "get-to-know-you" draw.
So, here are once again my scattered notes from my workbook.

First I got the
10 The Singer of Healing
Contracting and concentrating energy.
Reiki - third eye.
Blue - Water - emotions. emotional healing.
Blue - Air - Breath - Intellect. Mental healing.
Healing of the whole person - Body-mind-soul
Breath!
Breath in - take in pure energy.
Breath out - let out the pain.

Second up was:
8 - The Singer of Courage
Such a flashy card, Fluid and alive, constantly changing.
This is a Faerie crowned with stars. Outstreched hands.
Fireworks going off in all directions at once - yet firmly grounded.
Strong root-chakra, glowing throat and heart chakras too. But the real action takes place in the "tummy" chakras - the place where out nervousness lies, where butterflies flutter and where we hurt if we worry too much.
This is an exciting card, wild and a bit restless maybe. Quite demanding of us.
Do I have the courage to let my thoughts and emotions be known? Do I have the courage to do this with gentleness?

Then yesterday I got:
4 - He of the Fiery Sword
And I am stumped.
I think I just had one too many of these really strong and challenging Faeries.
I see a Sword - steel yet soft and sharp at once, piercing a cresent moon. Male energy, the yang to my yin.
Thelema - True Will.
He is not a "singer" but actually a rather silent card!
I will just leave it at that and get back to him another day.

diane drizzy

I often think of The Singers as faeries who have "passed over" to the other side. They are my "big guns" when I need a focus for a specific problem.

cSpaceDiva

At some point I hope to know the Singers well enough to talk to all of them directly, but for now I have learned to ask the other faeries to help me out. When I get a singer I can't seem to connect with, I look through the deck for another faery that is expressing that singer's energy. Maybe a crutch for someone who is just learning, but it helps me get to know both of them a little better.
I started a thread on this (Seeing the Singers in other cards), but it has also been discussed long before I stumbled across it:
emily2otters said:
if you hold the singer of healing and penelope dreamweaver next to each other, you'll see a striking resemblance.
emily2otters said:
having noticed penelope's resemblence to the singer of healing, i went through and looked for other angel/faery pairs. wow! there were quite a few. it helped to blur my focus a little, so that i was seeing shapes and points of brightness instead of faces/clothes/expressions.
The faeries seem to approve of this practice. Just yesterday I did a quick cut to the middle of the deck and got the Singer of Courage, which has been coming up a lot lately. When I picked up the card, O! That Gnome was sitting right underneath. I had never put these two together before, but now it is completely obvious that That Gnome is filled with courage, from the tip of the hat to the tip of the beard. It also tells me that type of courage I need right now is just to break out of my comfort zone and not be afraid to try something new.