Fey-- the court/swords

RiccardoLS

I just thought that the Emperor is the King of Swords in the future. (actually he is the future of all the Kings).
And the 8 of chalices sounded to me like the past of the King of Pain :)

Ric

lunalafey

Knight of Swords

since it's been quiet, I figured I'd visit here.
Pick up where we left off?...the knight of swords rides a dragon, I MUST post...
What a determined Fey. She is filled with the fire of her calling, ready for her mission. She remindes me of the Souix warrior who is prepared to meet his demise in defending his home. No fear All fight, and enjoying the thrill through it all. I like that she is upon a dragon. The dragon shares that fearless attitude of it's rider. I feel that both creatures feed off of each other's excitement(dragons are telepathic). Having a dragon when going into battle can be an advantage...an element of teamwork (and the fact that the sight of a dragon would cause most to either run or submit)....

Ravenswing

knight of swords

On to the Battle---

You can almost hear her crying out... She is already in motion, already in the frey-- even as she sits there. But the dragon...

To me, he (and I have no doubt-- it is HE) seems quite still. Not still in opposition to her motion, but still to compliment her motion. A grounding force perhaps; a channel for her somewhat scatteredness.

But what puzzles me-- what are the three little fluttering white feather-like things above them??

fly well
Raven

Cerulean

I enjoyed the Knight of Swords readings and checked her and him out several times this week. The wings of the Fey are not like the feathers, but her hair is feathery..so I thought of loose feathers as loose strands of her hair flying about as she is caught up in her passion. The dragon-serpent has her glowing eyes, he is poised to strike as well. There were a series of books somewhere that had a whole lore of dragonriders who were linked with the minds of the dragons and were allowed by the dragons to ride them...I like this take.
Most old fashioned pictures have people slaying dragons: this Fey is part of a whole world that interacts and uses the magical links with dragons as allies. The more I look at the characters of this deck, the more I think of it as a different take on fairy tales.
Mari H.

lunalafey

Mari_Hoshizaki said:
There were a series of books somewhere that had a whole lore of dragonriders who were linked with the minds of the dragons and were allowed by the dragons to ride them...I like this take.

That's the "Dragonriders of Pern" series by Anne McCaffrey.....
I highly recommend reading them.....but of course I'd say that...it's the reason for my title above my avatar...
the people of Pern are actually earthlings who colonized the planet and the genetically engineered the dragons into thier enormous size....were talking airplane size. What is interesting and funny that you mention Pern, the riders where protcetors of the inhabitants of the planet. They would not fight each other but an organism that fell from the sky, a very distructive and deadly thing....devouring animal and vegitable anything. To stop the "Thread" as it's called, the dragons would eat phosphine based rocks and then blow fire. As the telepathy goes. There is the day of hatching, canidates as young as 12 stand around the eggs. As the dragons hatch, they choose who will be thier rider by making what is called an "Impression"....this is when a 4-5 foot clumsy dragon stumbles towrds it's rider, tears them to shreads with baby sharp claws in a hug of love and union and 'says' HI...my name is.....
Now, you have opened up a whole new door, I'm shocked at myself that I did not apply the pern dragons ways to the Fey's
Maybe the Fey did not choose her mount?.....it chose her!

Cerulean

Thanks for the dragon lore...what a whole realm of references. Now I think it will be fun to see how fairytale animals appear in the Fey. The Empress cuddling a small unicorn like animal is not the unicorn defending a maiden, but a motherly aspect protecting a small being. I think there other animals, but am not certain if there any other dragons...I think there is a serpent.

lunalafey

I think I feel another thread coming.....

there are a few dragons among the Fey, the II Seer, has a stone pair behind her. The V Wisest, XIII, one of the game pieces, XXI...
the Serpent is in 7 Chalices, and VIII Strength....which brings me to the new thread idea....."Fey, not your ordinary tale".....Stength reminds me of 'Jack & the Beanstalk'.......

RiccardoLS

I'm familiar with Ann McCaffrey books, even if I just liked a few of them...
[actually the first two books, and Menolly books as well. I missed Moreta... and the other I read were terrible :(]

The Unicorn-pegaus-golden lion in the Empress (as well in the Emperor) is but a cub. Me and Mara wondered about how would he/she look like once grown up. :)

The many headed, many tailed Serpent, in the Strength card, had to be himself a knot.
Strength may also be seen as not accepting evil, and don't play by its rules. Strength to be free - sort of.

Among the other elements, there are the lizard and the mouse on the Chariot card... the knight of course the turtle in the 6th of wands...

best,

Riccardo

Kirali

Knight of Swords

Knight of Swords- Fey

The fey is ready for battle or for at least an adventure. The dragon she's riding looks like it's made of stone or maybe paper. Like maybe the dragon or adventure could be one in her head since this suit deals with mental aspects. Those feather like things look like dragon scales to me. The dragon scales are floating in the air to seemingly represent the air element of the suit. The dragon is saddled and has a bit in his mouth. He doesn't look too happy about it. She's wearing knee pads as if she's going to fall on her knees. Maybe the adventure/dragon ride is bumpy or maybe she doesn't want to appear "weak in the knees" for someone? Anyway the fey seems like she is more concerned about how she acts and looks instead of those around her. The red background means to me that she is willing to "cut" emotionally to look good. Maybe in an intellectual debate. Not to go as far as low brow insults but maybe snobby intellectual ones. She's young so she hasn't fully matured yet.

Just my thoughts. :)

itolin

Re: These pictures...

Mari_Hoshizaki said:
For the Queen of Swords, if I were to pick similar attitudes or attendants within the Fey deck, I have two picks. The eyes and look of the Fey 7 of Swords figure and the stillness of Temperance seem similar. Also, the merging quality into both air and stone of the 7 of Swords, her watchfulness and transparency, she reminds me of the pallor of the Queen of Swords. Temperance's surrounding of air and water and steamy light has a translucent, reflective quality that might be a little softer, but still an aspect of the Queen of Swords.

just joining this study ^^ *waves*

personally, I kind of associate Queen of Swords with 4 of Swords.. that 'dead inside' eyes.. I think, if 4 of swords survive and keep on living, she would grown into someone similiar to the Queen, continue on living for her duties, and much more refined~

4 of swords is in a halt, but the Queen is flowing, already accepting her obligations and fate.. *shrugs* I dunno, maybe it's just me~

for the Knight.. er.. I'm stuck with that one.. it feels like cardboard cut, like.. there's no depth in what she's doing.. and she's somewhat fooling herself-- or others, believing that she's in motion when she's not ^^; --maybe worthy cause when it's not.
similar to Kirali's interpretation, really :)