Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Golden Tarot- Influences

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Golden Tarot

Resident

Livia 
Resident

Golden Tarot- Influences

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on how the source material for the Golden Tarot influences the deck. I mean in terms of the era the material is from as well as the subjects they were originally about.
Top   #1
Wanderer

Emily 
Wanderer

I think the source material gives the deck a feeling that its been around for a long time - Kat did such a good job that you can't tell that it is collage.

Also for some reason it reminds me of the Soprafino deck style, if the Soprafino decks had illustrated minors. Sometimes the religious aspect of the artwork does come through, Madonna style females, cherubs - but that was the style of the Rennaissance and one of the things that make this deck so appealing. I also like that there appears to be so many angel figures in this deck. It all adds up to a very unique but useable deck.
Top   #2

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.