OPINION THREAD: DECK MODIFICATION

G6

Looks, but no opinions? What did you think when you looked? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Carojulie

Okay, I had to sand the long edges of the deck with an emory board because they were rough, which may not have helped with the edging procedure. Mostly the color goes with the card faces and I like that it picks up the slate blue on the backs. This pen was okay. There was actually more ink in there than I initially thought, but not really noticeable on the face of the cards when all was said and done. You see the blue edge more on the yellow cards, but still fine.

SEE PICS HERE:

http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=5025208&postcount=40

Thanks for all your input, peeps! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

This is the Universal Tarot by Maxwell Miller. It had some pilly edges that I sanded off with an emory board.

I'm leaning towards bronze, but I feel like I use that a lot, so....

1. Bronze

2. Silver

3. Brown

4. Black

What do you vote for here or something I haven't listed? Purple?

PICS OF UNIVERSAL TAROT by MAXWELL MILLER:

Hey G6, I really like what you did with the Sweeney. It confirms what I thought : a neatly edged deck is so much classier !

For your Universal Tarot. Actually, after looking at the pictures, I think bronze would be the best option. I think brown would not be jazzy enough (unless it is the exact matching brown, light and a little gloden.... but still, it would give a "matte" look to the deck). Silver I would not chose because the back of the cards are in a warmer palette, with the sigil in gold (or is it mustard, in any case it looks warm to me). So I think bronze would look cool.
If you are tired of bronze and want something else for a change, you cannot go wrong with black ! Black always give a classy finish to decks which have dark borders and backs, very chic.

decan

I vote as well for Bronze concerning the Universal Tarot by Maxwell Miller trimmed; it would be classical and nice with the marble-like pattern on the deck.

G6

Hey G6, I really like what you did with the Sweeney. It confirms what I thought : a neatly edged deck is so much classier !

For your Universal Tarot. Actually, after looking at the pictures, I think bronze would be the best option. I think brown would not be jazzy enough (unless it is the exact matching brown, light and a little gloden.... but still, it would give a "matte" look to the deck). Silver I would not chose because the back of the cards are in a warmer palette, with the sigil in gold (or is it mustard, in any case it looks warm to me). So I think bronze would look cool.
If you are tired of bronze and want something else for a change, you cannot go wrong with black ! Black always give a classy finish to decks which have dark borders and backs, very chic.

I vote as well for Bronze concerning the Universal Tarot by Maxwell Miller trimmed; it would be classical and nice with the marble-like pattern on the deck.

Thanks, yep, I agree bronze goes best with the Universal. I'll do that even though I'm a little bored with it as an edge color. I'll keep you posted an thanks for your opinions! ๐Ÿ˜‰

G6

Dollar Store Metallic Markers

Uh-oh, days later and the dollars store metallic edge job is still rubbing off on my hands...๐Ÿ˜

Carojulie

Uh-oh, days later and the dollars store metallic edge job is still rubbing off on my hands...๐Ÿ˜

Sorry to hear that ! But good to know.
If you accidentaly transfer some of the ink onto the faces of the cards, it might give them a soft pearlescent hue when the metallic rubs off, and that could look good (I am trying to see the bright side !)

decan

That's too bad indeed. :(
Actually it is also why I ordered my Avery marks-a-lot black markers abroad. I am a little bit afraid with regard to that with other products, and particularly Metallic colors. Well.
ETA: was it a metallic permanent marker by Sharpie?

Willowgast

I edged my deck for the first time yesterday just in black, I was nervous at first as most people would be! It was the Ghost Tarot, I spent a good while individually marking them wiping excess off. I have to say I'm really happy with the resulting look, it does look "finished" and more classy.

Now I'm happy I'm doing my Witches Tarot (my favourite!) next!