Mystical Kipper

reall

I know what you mean! :) glad to hear you are seriosly thinking abot this! :)
reason I don't like classic Kipper is exactly that! :)
imo they don't represent that well, that is l find all ch to similar mostly because of limitating color palette and to simple cartoon style?! :)
like you say it's easyer to present social status, ie with fancy clotes jewelry enterier etc but for meaning body language/position face expression dominant color shades and play of dark n light are what make atmosphere and transfer message of the card? :)

imo warm light colors close to yellow= optimistic/Positive

cool n darker colors close to blue violel= negative meaning

canid

I'm really looking forward to Ciro's Kipper deck! Oh, I now understand the 'significator'; it's really not one at all, it's all about how the cards are read. You don't dedicate a certain card in the center of the reading to represent the querant, etc, it's very different. After you lay the cards out, you read the cards around the person card, wherever it falls, which I was confusing with it being a significator, which to me, takes that card out of the deck and it may be pertinent if it fell naturally elsewhere. I was making it way confusing for myself.

AnemoneRosie

*These cards must be the best-kept secret on the planet.*

So easy to read! I bought the Regula E Fiechter/Urban Trosch one, called Mystical Kipper, in English, on Amazon.com - and I wish I had gotten them much earlier!

There is nothing at all mystical about them - they quickly reveal the (clear!) answers. The LWB is very good for single card descriptions. Unlike Lenormand, you don't need to pair the cards for an answer. It is more like tarot in the sense that you look for the overall message, really. An abundance of good cards nullifies or minimizes bad ones, and vice versa. It uses the "near and far away" system. Those cards closest to your significator card are those things that are soonest to occur, or most likely to be happening. The further away a card, the less likely it will come to be - or the longer time it will take... The future in a "grand tableau" style reading, where you use the whole deck, is designated by whichever way your significator card faces. So if the person on the card faces left, that is where the future lies.

Easy peasy! :D

PS cute deck, too!

I've fallen in love with this deck!
I find it so intuitive. I did a GT and my only regret is that I didn't read all of the card meanings first (when I was learning Tarot I found that to be not helpful - seems that the reverse holds true for decks with smaller numbers of cards).

I'm not really sure how to read them otherwise, though. Three card spreads? Five? To what purpose?

I'm really looking forward to Ciro's Kipper deck! Oh, I now understand the 'significator'; it's really not one at all, it's all about how the cards are read. You don't dedicate a certain card in the center of the reading to represent the querant, etc, it's very different. After you lay the cards out, you read the cards around the person card, wherever it falls, which I was confusing with it being a significator, which to me, takes that card out of the deck and it may be pertinent if it fell naturally elsewhere. I was making it way confusing for myself.

It's great that you've figured out how to use the significator! I learned (with Tarot) to call that card the "key card" as it's the key to unlocking what the spread is trying to tell you affects the person.

CosmicBeing

I get migraines trying to do a GT with Kipper cards lol Maybe because I still have to get use to them.

But i notice kipper looks at more personal inner circle than lenormand....if anyone seen that circle within a circle within a circle showing social circles of a human being.

I do like 5 card pulls with kipper a lot more than Lenormand.

AnemoneRosie

When you do five-card draws do you use positions? And do you read intuitively as with other oracle decks?

CosmicBeing

When you do five-card draws do you use positions? And do you read intuitively as with other oracle decks?

I pull 5 and I draw them together. I do have to use some intuitiveness. But, they usually tie together well.

I don't use positions. I just put the meanings together to make a sentence or two.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=258448

I did 3 exchanges with people like yesterday or day before. Using only 5 cards from the kipper deck.