10 of Swords - Gathering insights

PiscesEyes

Guys,

This card has been haunting me for a while now! I first pulled this card back in 2013, when I started seeing my boyfriend (whom I'm still with now, 3 years later) and it was a spread about our relationship (potentials and challenges) and I recall the last position was "how will this end?" and it was 10 of Swords.

Now, we are ready to move into a place that we bought together and I had asked, what is coming up? I pulled 10 of Swords. I also had looked up the numerology of this card which I read as "6411 = 3" What's interesting is,the address of our new home is 6411!!

I have managed to spook myself now over this card. Can anyone offer their insight/interpretation over this card in relation to my "how will this end" question? I am thinking it could mean that my negative state of mind (I suffer from depression & anxiety) will somehow end when we finally move in?

Any suggestions? I am worried...

spookyboo22

Guys,

This card has been haunting me for a while now! I first pulled this card back in 2013, when I started seeing my boyfriend (whom I'm still with now, 3 years later) and it was a spread about our relationship (potentials and challenges) and I recall the last position was "how will this end?" and it was 10 of Swords.

Now, we are ready to move into a place that we bought together and I had asked, what is coming up? I pulled 10 of Swords. I also had looked up the numerology of this card which I read as "6411 = 3" What's interesting is,the address of our new home is 6411!!

I have managed to spook myself now over this card. Can anyone offer their insight/interpretation over this card in relation to my "how will this end" question? I am thinking it could mean that my negative state of mind (I suffer from depression & anxiety) will somehow end when we finally move in?

Any suggestions? I am worried...

Hi

Don't worry!

It's like you want to torture yourself!!

Why would you want to ask the tarot a question like that? I cant understand what you were hoping to see?

The two of cups?

The ten of swords is answering the question how will it end. The ten of swords is the end of the road or the end of the cycle. It doesn't last long and then it's back to the beginning again.

You can see the sky is clear in the background so the worst is over and a new start is within view on the card.

You won't have to worry if you ask positive questions x

Barleywine

Believe it or not, there are positive viewpoints about the 10 of Swords. In your context, I especially like Joseph Maxwell's:

"The 10 of Swords brings us to firmer ground after the dark night of the soul" (he's talking mainly about the 9 of Swords, as you could probably guess) "figured in the previous cards. The devoted and dedicated being will not fail: a new unity will be attained," (here he means that 10 numerologically reduces to the "unity" - 1) "and with it the promise of harvest after the labour that has gone before."

The "devoted and dedicated" part is what you should pay attention to; it sounds like after three years together you have that going on, and hopefully that won't falter in your new circumstances. The "new unity" could very well refer to the two of you sharing living space.

Maxwell believes that the popular meaning of this card - "tears, anguish, misery" - is not in keeping with its true nature unless it's reversed; otherwise, it's more about "detachment from the vain pleasures of the world" (which the privately-shared "new unity" might grant you), equilibrium, desire for the progress which we know we are capable of - stretching before us in an infinity of discovery." He was quite an original - and empowering - thinker on the tarot.

Thoughtful

l would also say please do not worry, everything so far is working out for you nicely.
To keep drawing the 10 Swords is mirroring your own anxiety and state of mind, and as the other poster has said it all turns out right in the end. The card is sharing your worries but trying to tell you to stop see difficulties were there are none. There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

tarot_quest

As other said, I think that this 10 of swords is a reflection of your own internal world and worries. I you pulled it multiple times and your relationship is going quite well, this 10 of swords might be the challenge for you: getting over your fears that you will beak up.

It's very cool that you posted this thread, because almost every single information online states that 10 of swords = breakup. Tarot can use so many nuances to pass a message.

I would personally pay attention to this 10 of swords as a personal message, which is that you might worry too much (easier said than done!)

TheProphet

I too have anxiety (generalized anxiety disorder, to be exact) and the 10 of Swords tends to show up as a sign when I'm experiencing that - the overdramatizing and overthinking to the point when my head is completely filled with dark, worried, negative and hopeless thoughts that I believe to be true. Total overkill. And so, I think for you it might be telling you to not worry about it and don't let your negative thinking and anxeity to take over. The 10 of Swords occasionally shows up regarding the man in my life, but it hasn't meant a break-up, it's when I'm being super negative and worried about him and where we are headed or when we are having a very draining discussion that seems to be heading towards a breakdown in communication (but which, to this point, has always been temporary). All the best to you! :)

Grizabella

When you look back at the nightmarish 9 of Swords, which can mean being awake nights worrying, then moving on to the 10 of Swords means the worrying is all over and you can move on from there. Whatever you were worried about has played itself out and you don't have to worry anymore because whatever was going to happen has happened. I've found that in real life, whatever I've worried myself sick about wasn't half as bad as I always imagined beforehand.

ana luisa

"Stealing" your title I would say that the 10 of Swords is an overload of information you've been gathering that is doing nothing but worry and harm you. Stop overthinking and be brave enough to feel happy. Yes, it takes courage sometimes ;)