3 of Pentacles in love

WolfSwan

I seem to be getting the 3 of Pentacles in matters of love questions quite a bit recently. I've investigated it a little in a separate thread, but would love to work more deeply with the symbolism in the Gilded Tarot 3 of Pentacles.

There are 3 (obviously!) pentagon shaped coins. Two of which are in the air and one of which the blacksmith is holding. He looks pleased with what he has in his hands. He has a small smile of satisfaction on his face. The anvil is hot and the fire raging behind him.

I feel like this is saying something about manifesting one's desires and being happy with the product. As in, perhaps the person has been working hard on identifying their desire, mapping it out in the air (the pentacles in the air) and they have brought together the cooperative components of what they want into a physical manifestation (pentagon in the blacksmiths hand) that they are pleased with. They are ready to show this off to the world.

So in the case of love, I think the 3 of Pentacles might mean that I've been working hard to manifest a relationship that I want, and soon the dream will be ready to manifest into the physical. I know that sometimes Pentacles can mean trust and solidity or career, but I think in this case it's more about the physical, patience and taking time to make things perfect instead of rushing the "job" so to speak.

Any thoughts?

Some people say three of pentacles can imply you'll meet someone through work. I haven't experienced this, though. The Three of Pentacles usually pops up in my readings when one person wants to move things along to exclusivity quicker than the other person. So the third pentacle can represent other influencing factors (i.e. work), or other people in a dating situation. Progress can likely be made through patience and cooperation, but it isn't the easiest factor to sustain. I'm not sure if others have had similar experiences.

myrrhmyrrh

or if not precisely work, someone that you wd have some kind of project with, someone you're creating something with.

rwcarter

There is some disagreement in the Rider Waite between the 3P and 8P as to which card is the master craftsman and which is the apprentice. In the Gilded, Ciro appears to consider the 3P the card of the master craftsman and the 8P the card of the apprentice judging by the ages of the two figures. A master craftsman is able to take an idea and manifest it into reality. And unlike in the Rider Waite, he doesn't need any help, validation or interference from the peanut gallery.

Personally, I don't think the two pentacles are floating in the air, but are instead hanging in display. In terms of love and the imagery of the card, there's an indication that there are three steps you need to complete to find what you want in love. Two of those steps have been completed, and you're proudly displaying the results to the world (which works better with the pentacles being hung instead of just floating).

As master craftsman, you're now working on the that third pentacle. Is it ready? Is it as complete and beautiful as the other two? Are you proud of what you've achieved/created, and are you ready to show it off to the world? Only you can answer those questions.

The way I'm looking at the card, it's more of a progress report/sanity check for you.

Rodney

WolfSwan

Some people say three of pentacles can imply you'll meet someone through work. I haven't experienced this, though. The Three of Pentacles usually pops up in my readings when one person wants to move things along to exclusivity quicker than the other person. So the third pentacle can represent other influencing factors (i.e. work), or other people in a dating situation. Progress can likely be made through patience and cooperation, but it isn't the easiest factor to sustain. I'm not sure if others have had similar experiences.

Meeting through work is a possibility. I'm organising a massive international conference and have many stakeholders. It isn't outside the realm of possibility that I meet someone through that. Ironically since I've been online dating, I've kinda gone off the desire to really find a partner. That's not entirely true - I still obviously want to find my perfect match - it's just I don't seem to have the urgency I had before to meet someone. Instead I've found a few outlets to get that sense of companionship through psychic development circles and also working with some rescue dogs. The partner thing seems less "urgent" now.

or if not precisely work, someone that you wd have some kind of project with, someone you're creating something with.

As I said above, it could well be someone on the project for the conference :)

There is some disagreement in the Rider Waite between the 3P and 8P as to which card is the master craftsman and which is the apprentice. In the Gilded, Ciro appears to consider the 3P the card of the master craftsman and the 8P the card of the apprentice judging by the ages of the two figures. A master craftsman is able to take an idea and manifest it into reality. And unlike in the Rider Waite, he doesn't need any help, validation or interference from the peanut gallery.

Personally, I don't think the two pentacles are floating in the air, but are instead hanging in display. In terms of love and the imagery of the card, there's an indication that there are three steps you need to complete to find what you want in love. Two of those steps have been completed, and you're proudly displaying the results to the world (which works better with the pentacles being hung instead of just floating).

As master craftsman, you're now working on the that third pentacle. Is it ready? Is it as complete and beautiful as the other two? Are you proud of what you've achieved/created, and are you ready to show it off to the world? Only you can answer those questions.

The way I'm looking at the card, it's more of a progress report/sanity check for you.

Rodney

Whoa...this is insightful. I like how you're looking at the other two pentacles as "hanging" instead of "floating". This definitely changes perspective on the pentacle in his hand. And I didn't think of the Master craftsman versus apprentice, but now that you've pointed it out, that seems pertinent here too. I have definitely been working a lot on myself, and so that final piece makes a lot of sense to me. There is one final thing that I've been clearing out to make way for the new. So it's almost but not quite yet ready to display. I am proud of what I've achieved so far though, and excited about the new version of myself that's coming out ;)

Enlightenment23

Gosh. I'm not a fan of seeing this card in love readings.

But let me show you my experience with it.

I've seen it pop up as a man facing "performance anxiety" when it came to being physically intimate with a woman he had a crush on. Analogous to Rider Waite, his "work" is on display and people are watching, and it made him very nervous.

I've seen it as a third interfering party in a relationship. Doesn't have to be "another woman," could just be a meddling mother in law or something has innocuous as a new baby.

I've seen it as a relationship that is a "work in progress" or "under construction." There's some loose ends that still needs to be tied from both parties in order to progress into something solid. And if that work gets neglected, there will be no progress.

Laurelle

I can see the 3 of Pentacles meaning online dating. You look through the pictures, you email, you talk, then you meet. There are a lot of steps and it's a lot like the 3P. You are taking your time thinking about each guy.

It sounds like you're doing all the right things and really have this card figured out as it pertains to your situation.

As for a work related thing, I got this card the other day for an outcome to a situation where someone that I liked asked me to do some work for them, so meeting someone at your conference is very possible!