Page of swords clarified by 4 of wands

Foling

Dear all,

Maybe you can help me with a career reading. I've received a job offer and dont know if Its the right decision to accept the offer. I asked what could happen if I start the new job. I do Rider Waite without reversals.

The final card was page of swords which I wouldnt see as a positive card. I would interpret it as harsh communication, experiencing criticism. I draw another card which was four of wands. Four of wands is more an easy going card, like celebrating something, having a good time.
I am not sure what this card means as a clarification card? For me there seems no connection between them....

Any ideas?

ihcoyc

For me the chief significance of the Four of Wands is that it brings the stability of the Fours into the realm of Wands. The RWS image shows a canopy of flowers and vegetation hanging from four wands, and two people in the background raising garlands.

It would seem to me to mean that, whatever criticisms the Page has, the outcome is a stable position, cause for a small celebration.

Rachx

Pages can often represent the learner in the courts. Swords is about mental work, communications and the intellect, so perhaps you may be learning a lot? Clarified by the 4 I would say it is giving you a base knowledge, laying good foundations for the future xx

Thirteen

Why not positive?

. The final card was page of swords which I wouldnt see as a positive card.
Why not? Pages are, yes, new and young and need to learn...but they're also starting out in something all fresh, with no preconceived notions, no cynicism. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as it were. And the Page/Wands most especially as he's full of energy and Wands can often indicate some small amount of travel and exploration. So, a new adventure with much to learn, but stuff you want to learn and, as you learn it, only makes you eager to learn more. Full of excitement.

Sounds pretty positive to me! ;)

Foling

Why not? Pages are, yes, new and young and need to learn...but they're also starting out in something all fresh, with no preconceived notions, no cynicism. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as it were. And the Page/Wands most especially as he's full of energy and Wands can often indicate some small amount of travel and exploration. So, a new adventure with much to learn, but stuff you want to learn and, as you learn it, only makes you eager to learn more. Full of excitement.

Sounds pretty positive to me! ;)

Thank you for all of your comments!

Usually, this card means some kind of dispute or arguement for me. But your right about one thing: it is a new department and a new team. So, everythings new :)

Carojulie

Hi Foling,

I sometimes see the page of swords as "going forward without overthinking the consequences", or, in your situation, something like "taking some risk, starting in a new direction without giving too much thoughts to the possible dangers"
It is not necessarily a negative card for me. It can be ; but not always, and it can also be very neutral, or positive, why not. It is true I see swords as the tougher lot in the tarot, but they also can bring very good things !

In your reading, I see the four of wands as the positive card that give the page its optimistic side. To me the four of wands is positive, "let's celebrate what we have achieved so far and what is going to come, because it will be good". In a career reading, I like to see the four of wands as "a contract, an association, the celebration of new beginnings" with a strong optimistic taste on it. As Rachx says, the 4 lays solid foundations, plus the wands can be very ambitious and jolly.

If your question was "should I accept this offer", and the page of swords was the final card, I would read that as yes, let's take the risk, let's go for it without pausing for too long to reflect, it is worth a try.
And, the four of wands coming as a clarification would say "let's be positive about this offer, let's consider it the first step of a good new road, this new association has good chances to be fruitful if I put my energy this way"

I do not know what the rest of your cards were telling you and if they were heading that way, but I hope this can help you make sense of the whole spread !

Also, I do not know where in Europe you are, but I hope you have the possibility to have a few weeks of "sampling the contract" where you can leave without loosing anything, if the association ends up not working out for you. But I also hope it will be positive. Good luck !