Yes or No questions

Kenny

Tryska said:
I've lately been using an elemental Yes/No when clarifying cards. I don't like using them to ask straight out questions (things like - will i win the lottery? and such)

It's an elemental Yes/No spread the I found here - it took me a while to get the hang of it, but basically - you pull 5 cards.

1 is the situation

2,3,4 are your answer. If at least 2 wands or swords, then yes. If at least 2 cups or pents, then no. Majors would be advice for the situation. If one sword or wand and one cup/pent and a major, then maybe - depending on
the advice of the major. Basically the only wya you get a clearcut yes is if there are at least 2 swords/wands.

I don't think I've tested it yet. It's probably soemthing I should do.
I've used this spread and if you answer the yes/no question and then read the entire spread as advice. I would like to get to know if the answers I gave came out correct or wrong.

casia

sweet_intuition said:
Another way I learned to do a Yes/No spread (and it works for me) is as follows:

Shuffles the deck in such a way that reversals are acheived.

Then deal out the cards into 6 groups of 13. The 13th card (i.e. the top most) should be turned over.

If 4 or more are upright then the result is Yes

If 2 or less are upright, then the result is No

If 3 are up and 3 are reversed, then the querent isn't really focusing or isn't ready to know the outcome, and hence the question should be asked again on a later day.

Sweet_intuition

Would the groups of 13 be for each question ??????

casia

Fulgour said:
Hello :) Casia! I think you've answered
your own question... and very happily!

Fulgor

I thought about that too but how do I know when is when??? When is it the one way and when is it the other.....jejejejejjej confusing......

sweet_intuition

casia said:
Sweet_intuition

Would the groups of 13 be for each question ??????

All 6 groups are for one question.

Example... I ask the question ... Does M love G?

The following are the 6 stacks of 13 cards

**1**2**3**4**5**6**

The top most card on each of the stacks is as follows:

1. Knight of Cups
2. Justice (R)
3. Empress
4. 3 of Swords (R)
5. Ace of Disks
6. The Lovers

Now without taking into consideration the divinatory meanings of each card, we can see that 4 out of 6 cards are upright, as only 2 are reversed, hence the answer is "Yes" M does love G.

However, to see a deeper meaning into the love M has for G ... arrange the 6 cards in the same order in the 'Cross' section of the Celtic Cross Spread...

That is...

*****5****
*4**1/2***6
*****3****

This gives you a broader idea to enhance the interpretation of a basic Yes/No question.

Food for thought, try interpreting the result of this question. We have seen that yes M loves G... now lets see what kind of love does M have for G, how did it start, what drew M to G, and what could this love lead to.

Give it a try.

;)

casia

Lets see.... I feel much like a beginner at this and I normaly don´t read reversals but this is how I would interpret this spread.

M is very much in love with G he is very idealistic and it seems this relationship is karmatic. He is very much atracted to her and has plans for making this relationship stable and permanent regardless of the obstacles they must overcome. Love is definately the foundation of this relationship.......

What say you?????? jejejeje

sweet_intuition

casia said:
Lets see.... I feel much like a beginner at this and I normaly don´t read reversals but this is how I would interpret this spread.

M is very much in love with G he is very idealistic and it seems this relationship is karmatic. He is very much atracted to her and has plans for making this relationship stable and permanent regardless of the obstacles they must overcome. Love is definately the foundation of this relationship.......

What say you?????? jejejeje

Don't let reversals bother you. The more you keep thinking that doing reversals is a hard thing, the harder it becomes. Relax, just let the card images speak to you. Sometimes, a reversed card is way better than it's upright version ;)

Well, you got a good start with interpreting the kind of love M shares with G.

Try broadening the reading, use your intuition to try to pick up elements of M's past, how M came into G's life and the effect M had on G and vice versa. (try it by putting those cards from your deck in the position).

Another fun excercise to try after this... pretend the question (using the same cards) is Does M hate G? And since the answer is "Yes", why so?

Think about it ;)

Love and Blessings

:)

casia

Thanks alot Sweet_Intuition........... I´ll try it out today and get back to you....

Thanks again

gregory

casia said:
But lately answers that I know are yes or specificaly no come out the other way around. As if it works sometimes one way sometimes another.
Someone told me once that asking questions you already know the answers to usually precipitates dodgy answers. I have no idea if that's true or not....

Sophie

gregory said:
Someone told me once that asking questions you already know the answers to usually precipitates dodgy answers. I have no idea if that's true or not....
Well, the tarot doesn't like us to take the piss - so if I were to ask: "is my name Sophie?", I'm almost certain to get a no, for asking a silly question. Sometimes, too, the tarot tests us. We know, deep down, that the answer is "yes" or "no", and it sometimes has a go at testing that faith.

I really like that 6 stacks method - with the additional interpretation - btw!

sweet_intuition

Helvetica said:
I really like that 6 stacks method - with the additional interpretation - btw!

*blushes*... Thank You :)