Faeries' oracle: a good buy?

Polympolym

I've got two Doreen Virtue decks (goddess & mermaids), and I got mixed feelings about them.
I like the idea that they don't have seriously implied negativity in the meenings, but I realised to my dismay that each decks have a special use (e.g. mermaids for inner desires) and causes meanings that don't usualy reflect in the nature of your question (I've heard that messages from the fairies has too specific cards).
So, I'm a bit stuck at using my goddess as a 1 card daily reading and my mermaids to make simple reading to question to some extend.
I just want to have a oracle card deck which gives more freedom in the interpretations.
Here's my question: does the Faeries Oracle deck makes a good investment for somebody that has an slightlty higher than beginner's formation in oracle cards?

Logiatrix

Are you referring to Brian Froud's faery deck? If you are, then you will have plenty of company! It is a massively famous deck around here, for good reason, IMHO.:heart:

To be honest, I don't read with it now; I studied it deeply for a bit, but I'm really an angel person. However, the art is quite stunning, and the faeries cover all manner of archetypes and life matters in terms of meaning. Even so, the titles on the cards allow for greater freedom of interpretation, and the book also welcomes that you go your own way regarding that.:thumbsup:

Did I mention that this deck is hugely popular?:D In fact, it has it's own sub-forum...
http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31

On the other hand, if that's not the faery oracle you were talking about (but I think it is)...nevermind!:D

Polympolym

Logiatrix said:
Are you referring to Brian Froud's faery deck? If you are, then you will have plenty of company! It is a massively famous deck around here, for good reason, IMHO.:heart:

To be honest, I don't read with it now; I studied it deeply for a bit, but I'm really an angel person. However, the art is quite stunning, and the faeries cover all manner of archetypes and life matters in terms of meaning. Even so, the titles on the cards allow for greater freedom of interpretation, and the book also welcomes that you go your own way regarding that.:thumbsup:

Did I mention that this deck is hugely popular?:D In fact, it has it's own sub-forum...
http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31

On the other hand, if that's not the faery oracle you were talking about (but I think it is)...nevermind!:D

Thanks! That's the deck I was talking about.

I would really love to get my hands on them. Fairies are my most favorite type of mythical creature; I even collected small fairy figurines a couple of years ago.

thorhammer

Hi, Polympolym :)

I don't read with the Feries much, either, because I committed to one of my Tarot decks a few months ago.

I'm not really an Oracle person - I just don't get them - but this one is different. Seriously, you simply won't believe how powerful these guys are. They do, indeed, have a very faithful following here on AT, as you'll see if you check out that sub-forum!

I can't say enough to recommend this deck - it becomes less of a deck and more of a party, really. You can't go wrong.

I :heart: the Faeries :)

\m/ Kat

Polympolym

Do the exercices (from the book) to get your own card meanings are easy to make?

Polympolym

clow card reading about my question

Last week, I've made an online reading of the Froud Faeries oracle. I asked if it was a good deck to buy, and trying to use intuition it looked like they seem positive that they want me into their life (in a way).

I asked the same question, but this time with the clow cards. I tried to use intuition, but I was baffled (I'm too familiar with the clow images that they seem to have no signification). Today, I went over the reading with the fan translation meanings I have.

It looks like I'll have a great experience with the faeries oracle (THE TIME), but I must do a retrospective (THE FREEZE) [as in the exercices in the book] in order to work with them (THE WATERY)