FAVORITE ORACLE decks as of now...

americle

Hi All --

The last thread I could find on this topic was in 2007, and since we're now in 2010 and there have been SO many additions to the selection of oracle decks, I thought I'd ask again.

So, what are your favorites? -- Also, could you just jot a few brief words for what you particularly like about the ones you list (like "accurate," "beautiful," etc.)

THANKS! I look forward to reading the responses. :)

Tamara

tarotlaura

Mine is the Faeries' Oracle I love it because when I do my daily faery draws with it it has been very insightful and helpful to my life. Also, I love the faeries in the deck. They are the way that I would imagine faeries to be...coming all shapes and sizes.

Flaxen

I like my Madame Endora and Faeries Oracle. I'm currently coveting The Deck of Shadows.

ETA: I like the Madame Endora because the artwork appeals to me - it's also no nonsense and tells me quite clearly when to stop asking the same questions :). The Faeries Oracle -I just love the beauty of some of those cards (especially the Singers) and the playfulness in them.

Alta

Still using the Faeries' Oracle though getting to know my new Heart of Faerie as well. They are the only ones that I use regularly.

And as for your 'why?'. They always seem so in touch with real life. I find them fairly easy to relate to real feelings, real experiences and they often give some sharp understanding. With other oracles I often feel that they never really touch ground, always sort of hover a few inches off.

Now you did specify cards but I will add that I Ching and the Druid Sticks (which use geomancy) are my other two main oracles. Getting back to cards, I sometimes use the Holitzka I Ching cards.

americle

ooooh... loving the responses

I, too, love my Faery Oracle -- very awe-inspiring. I have never heard of the Madame Endora deck, but now I've looked at it and put it in my Amazon shopping cart. Definitely a must-have. Thanks! Tamara

shadowyi

I have to say mine would still be the Clow Cards from the anime Cardcaptor Sakura. Haha, some tend to roll their eyes and dismiss what I say and think the deck is a toy, but I've honestly found no other deck that drew me and the Clow Cards tend to give me uncannily accurate readings. It's a must try for anyone who loves Japanese anime!

zan_chan

My favorite oracle is far and away the Haindl Rune Oracle. It's absolutely stunning to look at. It just takes me away to a different land. A place that's still and silent and cold, but full of mystery that keeps itself hidden from the layman observer.

Such a brilliant deck. A real shame they aren't more readily available or I'd have one on me all the time. :)

Ashtaroot

Well I always love my Lenormand decks anykind but now I am enjoying the Deck of Shadow .. I have been having lots of fun with it and I am enjoying the fluidity of it :D

irisa

I have 3 real favourites, Faeries - Oracle of the Dreamtime - Celtic Book of the Dead.

Faeries are pure joy to look at, play with, work with.
I love the stories that go with the Dreamtime and it's proved over time to give real cut to the chase readings.
Book of the Dead for it's spirituality and it's depth.

irisa :)