Tarot of the Ego

FionaBenjamin

Thanks guys!!

'Thoughtful' you are the ONLY person that got that hehe- yes, that is what was intended... I wanted to have the snake skin somewhere but my artist didn't like the idea so we scrapped it. I'm torn whether I want it to represent the World or the Wheel now, I haven't completely decided on it.

Thoughtful

Be interesting to see what you decide, so glad l was on the right track:p

FionaBenjamin

Update: The Tower

Attachments

• F_Tower_P.jpg
    F_Tower_P.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 108

Thoughtful

First reaction on seeing the tower was a mighty WOW! best l think l have ever seen, well done. What a deck this is going to be.

Chronata

Your images are really beautiful...and thought provoking...which makes for a good multi layered reading deck.
And the classical characters in the imagery adds so much to the tarot story.

Color me intrigued.

I will be checking back here often to see updates!

I'm actually surprised you don't have more followers here.

FionaBenjamin

Thank you guys! :)

I think I don't have too much interest on AT because the cards are a bit non-traditional. The first deck I ever read with for my clients was one of Arnell Ando's- very non-traditional but very powerful. I don't want this deck to be simple and straightforward. I want each card to be able to not only tell its own story but to be able to add on to the stories of the other cards as well. It was much better received outside of here, but, can't please everyone. :)

Annabelle

These are marvelous!!! I really like the looks of this deck so far :).

FionaBenjamin

Thank you Annabelle! ^_^ Been a dream for me to create my own deck! :D

PAMUYA

Beautiful deck...I too thought the image of the wheel was the world card. Also why does the fool symbolically hold a cup? I am just trying to fit it into its meaning. The Tower is breath taking.

I normally do not look at this section at AT, but the name of your deck caught my eye. I was thinking the other way... the fool wants to lose the ego to capture/find his spiritual self, to let go of duality thinking, being one with the universe. Just rambling, I am off in the bushes again :heart: Would love to hear your thoughts on the name.

geoxena

Gorgeous. I love non-traditional cards, btw - bring 'em on! The less traditional, the better, for me at least.

I found your titling of the deck and the introductory summary you wrote a bit confusing. It's interesting that you call it Tarot of the Ego, since "ego" is a psychological term. Yet you wrote that this deck is about the doubts confronted on one's "spiritual journey." How does that relate to the supposed state of the ego? I can't personally relate to either concept - an ego (I feel the term has come to be accepted in common parlance, though it is basically a theory) nor a spiritual journey - but I also cannot see how the cards will correlate the two, when I look at your images. I think they're beautiful but don't see "ego" or "doubts" or "spiritual journey" in them. I think the cards are full of life and their own theme is emerging independent from the ideas you wrote about. It seems like a deck very much connected to your gut instincts/solar plexus. I think you may want to continue in the same way you have with the artwork and imagery, but leave it until you get more done to give it a title and theme. It's evolving on its own!