The Wild Unknown Tarot - Son of Swords

Sulis

There is no colour in this card, the corners of the image are back and the cross hatching is diagonal and meets in the middle - to me it looks like it could either be a dip in the landscape or maybe a roof.
An owl dives towards the ground and presumably towards it's prey, between it's talons, held firmly is a slim, black sword. It's being held by the blade, just below the hilt and it's point is aiming at whatever the owl is looking at.

So in this deck Sons are the same as Knights or Princes - more mature than a Page (or Daughter), not as mature as the Mother (Queen) or King (Father).
There's a male, active type energy with Knights / Sons.. I think of them as the court that has reached the teenager stage of maturity..
So in traditional decks, this card would be the Knight of Swords, I think of Knights as Fire and Swords as Air so this card represents Fire of Air - someone who acts or speaks first and maybe thinks later.

This card has the energy of idealistic youth; his weapons are his wit and his communication skills, which are good but maybe not as good as he thinks they are. He's quick thinking and loves a good debate.. Air is a fast element so this is a quick moving knight, like the Knight (or Son) of Wands, he has a tendency to get bored quickly and so flits from one thing to the next - staying power is not high on his list of talents.
This is someone who will jump to the defence of a principle or someone else but he hasn't yet developed the maturity of the King or Queen so sometimes he misjudges things.

He looks like he's about to impale someone or something with that sword, he's not the person who will back down in an argument but he's also not one to hold a grudge - he'll move onto the next thing and view the argument as an intellectual pass-time or game.

Attachments

• Son of Swords.jpg
    Son of Swords.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4,206

crystalwings

The only thing I saw behind the owl was a feather I can see a roof now… The majority of diagonal lines in this card are the same in width and spacing creating an orderly effect although unbalanced these lines appear to be supported either side making them immovable creating a restless energy,( agitated, nervous excitement etc…bottled up energy ) Alternatively, they could appear to spread outwards conveying movement and a release of the restless tension… on close up the owl appears to have his beak wide open I can almost hear his screams as he directs that energy using his sword at his prey… I am no match for this guy so digress and hide in the closet.

Pixna

I see the background of this card as a feather too -- but it's another one that contains a bit of optical illusion and could be a roof as well. The entire card "screams" to me of energy and movement. This owl is focused, with a single driving objective -- getting its prey (or piercing it with the sword). He seems filled with the energy that only a teenage boy or young man could have, pursuing what he needs with force and abandon. I love owls, I love this card. I too can hear his screech.

Maan

hello everyone i would like to join in please.
I have the deck for a couple of months now and feel comfortable enough with it to add a bit.

I drew the son of swords as my advice of the day card. Tonight after reviewing the day i realized the son is not only goal oriented and moving purposly towards its goal but he is also ready to strike. To burst someones bubble. The way he holds its sword is exactly right to prika tiny hole in someones hot air balloon ;-)
That was how i felt today. I met several people today who ask for some advice, or told me their problems. And they were looking for someone to tell them the truth straight and fair.

So seeing him standing in its standard when i came home made me realize that that is what he is flying towards. Some one or some situation in need of a little clearity.

Sulis

Maan said:
I drew the son of swords as my advice of the day card. Tonight after reviewing the day i realized the son is not only goal oriented and moving purposly towards its goal but he is also ready to strike. To burst someones bubble. The way he holds its sword is exactly right to prika tiny hole in someones hot air balloon ;-)

I like that analogy a lot and it is something that often happens when the Knight of Swords energy is around; bubbles get burst..