The Messenger Cards-Guidance from the Animal Spirits

nrg4vr

I have had these Oracle cards for several months, and really love them! They are The Messenger Cards - Guidance from the Animal Spirits by Sandra Kunz. (*Not to be confused with a similarly named deck by Ravynne Phelan). Sandra is an accomplished artist, and IMHO her artwork is just so beautiful. There are several Raven cards, which is a bonus for me as I love Raven images... The book that comes with the deck is really well done, and provides deep and meaningful messages for each card. I have no affiliation with the artist, but I haven't seen them mentioned, and wanted to let others know about them... I found them quite by chance when I was online one day - serendipity... If you google her name you should find her site. The cards themselves are excellent quality, square in shape (with rounded corners) which gives them a real unique quality.

ana luisa

What a coincidence! 3 years after you wrote this post, I'm watching a video on these cards an wondering whether they would be good for my collection. And you're online ;) I have a question for you, are they good for reading without using the book or do you have to be into animals, totem animals and the like ?
I love the art and the simplicity...

Citrin

What a coincidence! 3 years after you wrote this post, I'm watching a video on these cards an wondering whether they would be good for my collection. And you're online ;) I have a question for you, are they good for reading without using the book or do you have to be into animals, totem animals and the like ?
I love the art and the simplicity...

Here is an interview with Sandra Kunz and she says herself that for all she cares you can burn the book lol ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evZxSFaTXrs

I personally have the best experience when I only go with my intuition using this deck. I draw one card, journal and meditate with it, connect it to my life and what is going on at the moment - and I'm getting such wonderful messages. :) I do read the guidebook after my own little session and it's very well-written and has great messages, so it's worth the read but I'm not sure it actually adds anything to my own spiritual expeirence with this deck.

I'm participating in the workshop by OwlMoon513 (the videos are on her YouTube channel and it's all free) and thanks to that I'm connecting very well with this deck. I think without Raecine's guidance I'd feel a bit lost because it's not a deck I'd usually work with.

G6

Now that these cards are available who has worked with them? Thoughts?

Citrin

Now that these cards are available who has worked with them? Thoughts?

I think they've been avaiblable for quite some time now.

To me it's a very meditative deck. I draw a card, sit with it, journal with it, think and feel... It's not a deck I reach for super often, but I do like its unique vibe. It's obvious that Sandra Kunz put a lot of feeling and soul in the artwork!

I can admit to having a bit of a hard time working with some birds' energy, I'm not too fond of many birds, and there are quite a few ravens in here. I really wish she would've included more animals. I absolutely LOVE the cards that depict wolf, deer, bear, etc... :) A bit more variety would've been nice. Just my 2 cents...

When I use it I tend to work with it for a couple of days in a row, and really dig into the messages, but then I can leave it unused for many months.

Haha I can't really come to a conclusion to be honest. :) I really like it, but maybe don't LOVE it, you know?

G6

I think they've been avaiblable for quite some time now.

To me it's a very meditative deck. I draw a card, sit with it, journal with it, think and feel... It's not a deck I reach for super often, but I do like its unique vibe. It's obvious that Sandra Kunz put a lot of feeling and soul in the artwork!

I can admit to having a bit of a hard time working with some birds' energy, I'm not too fond of many birds, and there are quite a few ravens in here. I really wish she would've included more animals. I absolutely LOVE the cards that depict wolf, deer, bear, etc... :) A bit more variety would've been nice. Just my 2 cents...

When I use it I tend to work with it for a couple of days in a row, and really dig into the messages, but then I can leave it unused for many months.

Haha I can't really come to a conclusion to be honest. :) I really like it, but maybe don't LOVE it, you know?

It's weird, I keep liking these animal decks, but I haven't had great experiences reading with them. I like the art a lot, but I'm not sure it would work well for me. Maybe it's something I should work toward since I keep getting drawn to animal decks.

Citrin

It's weird, I keep liking these animal decks, but I haven't had great experiences reading with them. I like the art a lot, but I'm not sure it would work well for me. Maybe it's something I should work toward since I keep getting drawn to animal decks.

Haha I'm very much with you! ;) I've aquired quite a few this year, but most of them really don't work so well with me... I often get short, snappy, and a bit shallow answers from them. Not sure if it's because I'm a bit of a city person myself and not one to go hiking and such... Nature in general in artwork, like trees and herbs, work better for me than a lot of animal decks.