Tarot and numerology

Torann

Hey guys, i'm looking for a good book that goes deeper into the numerology part of the tarot.
Do you have any suggestions?

Nosgo

I've just received "Tarot beyond the basics" from Anthony Louis and there is a whole part (nearly 50 pages) specifically on numerology/number symbolism in tarot. I haven't read that part yet but it is nicely presented with somes explicative schemes.

I've checked my Benebell Wen's Hollistic Tarot but there not very much on number symbolism (1-2 pages)

One of the best book on number symbolism into tarot could be "Qabbalistic Tarot" by Robert Wang. It goes deep into this in each chapter which is dedicated to a sephira from the Tree of Life. But I guess that if Qabbalah is not at all your taste it could be tedious to learn from this book.

Papus in "Tarot of the bohemians" has a small chapter on numerology/number symbolism too but in spite of the few pages (10 at most) it looks quite dense.

Torann

I've just received "Tarot beyond the basics" from Anthony Louis and there is a whole part (nearly 50 pages) specifically on numerology/number symbolism in tarot. I haven't read that part yet but it is nicely presented with somes explicative schemes.

oh boy... and i've just ordered 3 books, now I have another excuse :D

I've checked my Benebell Wen's Hollistic Tarot but there not very much on number symbolism (1-2 pages)

I love that book, and I have it. :)

bradford

People should start making a distinction between Numerology and Number Symbolism. They are too often confused, and Anthony Louis doesn't get the difference.

Sumaya

People should start making a distinction between Numerology and Number Symbolism. They are too often confused, and Anthony Louis doesn't get the difference.

As a newbie: can you enlighten me? What is the difference?

bradford

In numerology numbers are invested with a power of their own and there is some kind of either causal or synchronistic relationship between their operations and what happens in the world. The world, and the fate of its individuals, obey the numerical rules.
In number symbolism people assign meanings to numbers, or try to figure out what numbers could mean by looking at what they mean in various cultures. But this is a strictly human endeavor and it isn’t really mechanically connected with what’s going on in the world. Numerical systems just provide models and metaphors.