Green Box vs Blue Swiss Box

RLG

No, I mean the back of the actual cards. There should be a copyright date in the lower right corner along the grayish border.

Perdurabo

Wow, I was not aware of that. You are entirely correct it says 1996. Is that the production year? So are they not effectiveley "new"?

RLG

Well, I haven't bought a new, unsealed Blue Box Thoth in many years, so I don't know if that's the latest printing, or unopened older stock, but there was a 1986 printing and a 1996 printing, and they do look different from each other.

That's the question--has there been a new printing since 1996, with a later copyright date?
Perhaps someone here who has bought a new box recently could tell, or was your deck new and still sealed?

gregory

The blue box ones are in stock at Tarotchest and I know a few here have bought them - anyone who has, please answer !! There IS a new printing (in German) by Konigsfurt which is very different; there's a thread....

RLG

Oh yes, I got one of the new German printings. VERY different from what has come before, isn't it ;-)

But I'm wondering if there was a 2000 or 2004 printing of the Blue Box Thoth, or are they all copyright 1996?
So yes, any recent new purchasers, please let me know.

gregory

Whatever the PRINT date the copyright date would stay the same.

RLG

I would think so. But the original Swiss printing was (copyright)1986, then a new printing, (from new plates?) was done in (copyright)1996, which is the latest copyright I've seen. I'm curious if there has ever been another update since then, (not including the new German-language edition, of course). My guess is that there has not been, and all printings since 1996 have borne that copyright date.