Book of Law Study Group 1.46

RLG

A Simple Formula

Dwtw

With all the numbers mentioned, this verse begs for a numerical interpretation.

The referent to the Hebrew word AIN, which is what 'the Jews' call nothing, allows for a simple formula to be created.

The letters and their values of the word AIN are:
Alef-1
Yod-10
Nun-50

Thus the sum is 61, as noted in the verse.

Then Nuit says that her version of nothing is equal to the numbers 8, 80 400 & 18. Note the ampersand in the verse.

Obviously, the first three numbers of this group are simple multiples of the number-values that make up the word AIN. Each letter of AIN is multiplied by 8, so that 1, 10, 50 becomes 8, 80 400.

This leaves the 18 separated out, and the ampersand, (standing in for the word 'and'), indicates that this can be added to the numbers appearing before it.

So to convert AIN/61 to 8, 80 400 & 18,
we use the formula 8N + 18 = X

If we plug another number given in the text, in verse I:24, we get an interesting result. There Nuit says her word is 'six and fifty'. So if we plug in 56 to the formula as N, we get:

(8 x 56) + 18 = 466

466 = Nun Vav Yod Tau, or NUIT in Hebrew.

Now, interestingly enough, if we use the two separate parts of Nuit's 'word' in this formula, we also get fruitful results:

(8 x 50) + 18 = 418
(8 x 6) + 18 = 66

418 is the value of Abrahadabra, the Elevenfold Word,
while 66 is the sum of the numbers from 1 to 11.

If we plug a different number in, we can get another interesting gematria result:

(81 x 8) + 18 = 666

Using 81 as our variable, we get 666 as the result. This is important because 81 is the value of the word 'Nothing', (in the Trigrammaton English Gematria). And since Nothing is specified as a 'key of this law' in the verse, then whatever value we put on Nothing should provide us with some insightful result.

If we start at the most basic level, we use the number 1 in the formula:
(8 x 1) + 18 = 26.

So the number 1 as a variable produces the number 26 as a result, which is the value of the YHVH tetragrammaton, as well as the number of the parts of a cube and the number of letters in the English alphabet.

Litlluw
RLG

Always Wondering

Yeah. I was starting to think you didn't love us anymore, Similia. I thought maybe you got control of all your mystical beings and charioted yourself right out of our orbit. :(
But who's that good looking guy peeking out at me? I may miss the tiger but 93.
As for the verse, well I don't really think I am the one to kick this one off. :laugh: But I'll throw in something to make this legal.;)

61 in the Sepher Sephiroth lists two angels, Angel of 10 S. and Angel of 6 C. I can't make any sense out of this. Not even with my new hard copy of 777. I had a theory Angle six might be HGA, but the initials confuse me.

Welcome back.
AW
Now let the math begin. :bugeyed:

thorhammer

Always Wondering said:
61 in the Sepher Sephiroth lists two angels, Angel of 10 S. and Angel of 6 C. I can't make any sense out of this.
Maybe the 10 of Swords and 6 of Cups?

I'm nowhere near all my resources and don't even know where to look for the angels that may or may not correspond to those two cards . . . maybe someone else can take that hand pass :)

RLG - love your working, but don't get it at all. I'll read it another hundred times and maybe I'll get some sense out of that. Gematria is so alien to my mind's training . . . ;)

\m/ Kat

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
Yeah. I was starting to think you didn't love us anymore, Similia. I thought maybe you got control of all your mystical beings and charioted yourself right out of our orbit. :(

Sorry about the delay starting this line everyone, I've been travelling and was offline for a bit. Back to normal now though :)

RLG said:
Each letter of AIN is multiplied by 8, so that 1, 10, 50 becomes 8, 80 400.

Thanks so much RLG, that was really interesting. I'm wondering though, why 8? My best guess is a reference to Cheth which when spelt in full is 418.

thorhammer said:
Maybe the 10 of Swords and 6 of Cups?

I'm nowhere near all my resources and don't even know where to look for the angels that may or may not correspond to those two cards . . . maybe someone else can take that hand pass :)

It will be in 777 or Skinner's tables, but I cheated and looked in the companion book for Tarot of Ceremonial Magic cause its easier to find the right page there :D

The 10 of Swords gets DAMABIAH (Fountain of wisdom) and MENIEL (Nourishing all) from the Shem angels. The 6 of Cups gets NELCHAEL (Thou alone) and IEIAIEL (Thy right hand). My jet lagged brain won't let me find the hebrew spelling and work out which of these add up to 61, hopefully someone clever will be by shortly to say if we're on the right track or not.

Always Wondering said:
But who's that good looking guy peeking out at me? I may miss the tiger but 93.

Aww thanks AW :) The tiger will be back no doubt, but while I was travelling I met up with a very talented artist friend who made a tarot card/drawing of me. I loved it so much I wanted everyone to see it, so I put it as my avatar as well as in my profile :)

thorhammer

similia said:
The 10 of Swords gets DAMABIAH (Fountain of wisdom) and MENIEL (Nourishing all) from the Shem angels. The 6 of Cups gets NELCHAEL (Thou alone) and IEIAIEL (Thy right hand). My jet lagged brain won't let me find the hebrew spelling and work out which of these add up to 61, hopefully someone clever will be by shortly to say if we're on the right track or not.
DAMABIAH and IEIAIEL both add up to 61 (my first successful foray into Gematria - :party:) - I can't find Meniel or Nelchael in the table I was looking at in 777 but that's not surprising.

ETA: I've got a bit more time to fight with this ridiculously small laptop's keyboard. I found DAMABIAH and IEIAIEL in Column CXXX (Cups) and CXXXI (Swords) in 777. The names are in pairs, so DAMABIAH is matched with (forgive any mistranslation or mangling of the Hebrew) MANAQAEL (221) and IEIAIEL is matched with NELAKAEL (131)

Might have got some wrong.

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

This is one of those verses that is a little hard to interpret in isolation. So I will make reference to the next verse as well.

A feature of the numerical puzzles in Liber AL is that are open to numerous interpretations and solutions.

61 the Jews call it - AIN.

I call it 8 - 80 - 418. Interesting numbers. Add them together and you get 506, which is the value of ShUR - the Ox. This is significant because the Ox is Aleph and None (The Fool) by the book -Tarot.
(See verse 48 where Crowley's monism is rebuked.)

506 - looks suspiciously like Nuit's 6 & 50. And Nuit is Nothing.
It also strongly suggests 5=6

Flip it around - 605. Now add 61 and you get 666.

47. But they have the half: unite by thine art so that all disappear.

Who is they? At first glance it would appear to be the Jews. But verse 48 mentions "they" again in a way that seems to refer to the numbers themselves. Are the numbers the half?

61 + 506 = 567. That number is of no special significance. Perhaps that is because it is only the half. So double it.

567 x 2 = 1134. The value of Ain Soph Aur. Wherein All disappears.

Ain = 61
Soph = 866 (Samekh, Vau, Peh final - 800)
Aur = 207
-------------

RLG

Dwtw

An interesting solution Aeon418. It's curious that you have to use the final value for the Peh in the word Soph, when the normal value of the word is 146, which is suspiciously similar to the verse number, 1:46.

And I agree that this is one of those verses that lends itself to quite a variety of interpretations, which makes it all the more interesting to study.

I would like to add that later developments have shown the number 567 to actually be significant after all, although Crowley was not aware of it at the time.

In using the base 3 mathematics that informs Liber Trigrammaton, the decimal number 567 becomes, in base 3, the number 210000. This is a six-digit number, or hexagram, and is composed of the 21 trigram above the zero trigram.

Now when we reverse this hexagram, it becomes 000012, and is now the zero trigram over the 5 trigram. This is where the reference in verse 1:48 comes in, because the numbers 0 and 5 are the trump numbers for the Fool and Hierophant, and in AC's system, the Hierophant was attributed to Taurus, thus the Ox, while the Fool is obviously 'none' since it is numbered 0.

Now this relates to your analysis, which I think Fr. Achad also noticed, that the word Shur, or Ox in Hebrew, indicates the sign of Taurus and equals 506. With that being the case, then the referent for the word 'they' in verse 48 is not only, as you say, to 61 and 506 as none and ox, but is simultaneously referring to the 'one,one,one' which is indicating the spelling of the letter Alef as Alef-lamed-peh, with a value of 111, and this letter Alef not only means 'Ox', but is attributed to the Fool card, and thus 'none'.

Now all that is pretty straightforward qabalah, but at least one possibility of a hidden meaning in verse 48 is that the prophet is a fool with his spelling of Alef so that it equals 111, because he should spell it with a Peh final, so that it equals 831. Why is this important? Perhaps because it's pointing to the fact that the word Soph should ALSO be spelled with a Peh final, to make the term ain soph aur equal 1134, or twice the value of the numbers mentioned in verse 46.

And just to keep things complex, the letter peh that is chosen for the final value is also the letter of the Tower card, which is clearly a phallic symbol, while 831, the value of ALPh, is identical to the Greek gematria values of the words Pyramis and Phallus.

Indeed, it is difficult to parse this verse in isolation, and we still have not plumbed the full depths of it :)

Litlluw
RLG

Aeon418

RLG said:
In using the base 3 mathematics that informs Liber Trigrammaton, the decimal number 567 becomes, in base 3, the number 210000. This is a six-digit number, or hexagram, and is composed of the 21 trigram above the zero trigram.
210000. Interesting!

210 = NOX

000 = Nothing Under Its Three - Nuit.

Stupid idea, but I keep thinking of a hexagram formed by the Three Veils - 000 and the Supernals - 210. The whole forming R.H.K. as he is revealed in Liber 418 - 1st Aethyr.
RLG said:
And just to keep things complex, the letter peh that is chosen for the final value is also the letter of the Tower card, which is clearly a phallic symbol, while 831, the value of ALPh, is identical to the Greek gematria values of the words Pyramis and Phallus.
And of course Peh is the letter of Ra-Hoor-Khuit.

A = Hadit
L = Nuit
Ph = Ra-Hoor-Khuit

The first two (Nu & Had) join to form the Sun - the Phallus.

Great stuff, RLG. :)

Aeon418

Berashith

8, 80, 418

8 = Infinity

80 = Infinity x Zero

418 = Cheth - Cancer - Infinite Nothing divided for loves sake, for the chance of union.