Tarot Wayfarer project: Is this actual Tarot Magic?

blue_fusion

Looks fun. Been getting updates about this in my FB feed every now and then. Aside from Ciro, have you folks checked out the names of the other Tarot luminaries (illuminaries? lol) they've gotten hold of for this project? :D

-Ly

JMI_Tarot

They also appear to offer proof because a video of someone called Marjorie Cameron was released two years after they started - it was filmed in 1956 and clearly shows a ROSE + KEY on her altar.

It is like she received it in the past through her magic mirror, and it was filmed. If so, this seems to be proof that they used tarot to send a symbol back in time?

A Marjorie Cameron reference! I may start a thread about her now, star of Kenneth Anger's "Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome", (still photo of her from the film attached below) artist, occultist, married to a JPL rocket scientist (who was an OTO member)... She also played "the witch" in Dennis Hopper's first film, "Night Tide". (very strange and wonerful film, available on You tube)

I've not yet looked into the rose and key thing but I know she was into all things with magic an occult. Looking forward to digging in. Thanks for the great start to my saturday!

Attachments

• marjorie.jpg
    marjorie.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 129

JMI_Tarot

They also appear to offer proof because a video of someone called Marjorie Cameron was released two years after they started - it was filmed in 1956 and clearly shows a ROSE + KEY on her altar.

It is like she received it in the past through her magic mirror, and it was filmed. If so, this seems to be proof that they used tarot to send a symbol back in time?

You can clearly see it in the video on their site and Youtube. It is a real film.

If I'm wrong somebody tell me, but I gotta call BS on something. The film, called "Wormwood Star" was made in the 50's, but the wayfarer website says it "surfaced" 3 years ago and somehow this is proof of something that isn't very clear from the way they write.

"Wormwood Star" never disappeared and enjoyed many screening over the years, albeit obscure ones.

It's a very esoteric art-film, 10 minutes in length featuring the art and poetry of Marjorie Cameron, so you can imagine it never had a wide release. But it was known in certain circles, and never hidden or lost.
I guess something getting posted on YouTube counts as "surfaced" to some, but to others, not so much.

I can't speak much to the rest of the rose and key conspiracy, but as far as this film is concerned if the "fact" that it "surfaced 3 years ago" is supposed to prove something, it is simply not true.

Sorry. I love a good mystery too. maybe someone can prove me wrong.

Attached is a photo of a book I have about Cameron where I double checked all this.

Attachments

• Photo on 22-04-17 at 16.23.jpg
    Photo on 22-04-17 at 16.23.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 127

Spiffo

"Wormwood Star" never disappeared and enjoyed many screening over the years, albeit obscure ones.

Hurrah!
I remember seeing it back in the early 80s as part of a Occult Arthouse Cinema Festival.
Rather than 'resurfaced', perhaps, 'out of copyright', might be better reason for its current appropriation.

There's no doubting the cleverness of the marketing campaign, but I do worry about such use of utterly unconnected material. Still it's all in good fun.

Spiffo

Absolutely! Such a rare and interesting topic.

It's a pity old Marj' isn't still around to enjoy the attention. I suspect she'd love it, and play along whole heartedly.

magicjack

A Marjorie Cameron reference! I may start a thread about her now, star of Kenneth Anger's "Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome", (still photo of her from the film attached below) artist, occultist, married to a JPL rocket scientist (who was an OTO member)... She also played "the witch" in Dennis Hopper's first film, "Night Tide". (very strange and wonerful film, available on You tube)

I've not yet looked into the rose and key thing but I know she was into all things with magic an occult. Looking forward to digging in. Thanks for the great start to my saturday!

Now I know why the name Kenneth Anger was so familiar. He wrote Hollywood Babylon.

ravenest

Hi Rhosyn (unusual and striking name, Welsh?).

Now the wee figurines are actual figures depicting each of the Major Arcana (RWS), (think Monopoly tokens) about an inch and a half tall. I seem to remember a thread about them here on AT. I understand an individual figure is being released each month. The name of the sculptor eludes me, but they appear to be fully formed but unpainted. If you search for either Tarosophy or Tarosophy Association, you should get to their website which should have information.

As to the Elamites; that's a bit harder. My knowledge is peripheral to my own studies in Egyptology and consists of mostly (rather dry) academic texts (mainly French language) and one memorable lecture by a visiting Iranian archeologist to my Uni. I just checked the Wikipedia entry, and it's not to bad. The references at the end of the article are sound although may be a bit overkill for a general introduction. Any good basic history book, focusing on the late Bronze Age will include the Elam, or indeed, a history of Ancient Persia, or Mesopotamia (look for the Southern region) should make mention of them. If it helps, the Elamites were heavily influenced by the Babylonians and it is believed their culture developed along similar lines. Part of the problem in studying them is so little of them survive and what does lies in Iran and Iraq, which I'm sure you know, is a difficult place for archeologists and historians to work. What has been discovered is more often than not reported and written about in French (they alone among the West have endeavoured to retain academic links and to this day fund digs and research in Iran).

Back to the Rose-key ... the Chevalier & Gheerbrandt Dictionary of Symbols, or the Cirlot Dictionary of Symbols, and if you can bear it The Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism publication The Book of Symbols, all have good sections on the Rose, the key and whatnot that may interest you. Alchemists have used the Rose as a symbol for all manner of alchemical ideas, with the colour and number of petals being the 'key' or legend to what is being referred too. Manly Hall's Secret Teachings of All Ages will give you a good grounding in the various forms of alchemy and it discusses some of the symbolism at length (and in some very flowery language!).

Hope that helps.

:) Great stuff ... posts like that I want to get involved with the forum again :)

I will put the rest in a PM to you ...

ravenest

<without batting an eye> Yes, that's exactly what the Illuminati *would* say if they were messing with history and with all of our minds.

Well Nisaba, apparently the latest internut idea on that is ..... CERN is doing it !

They are changing the time line of history by creating alternate worlds to see the effect it has on people .... CERN , apparently is run by the evil illuminati .... so look out ! Tomorrow, you might not exist OR you might be a fat Russian man sitting in an apartment in Moscow, smoking a cigar and drinking vodka !

http://www.ladbible.com/now/weird-t...ng-at-the-cern-large-hadron-collider-20160818

:)

ravenest

:) as soon as I saw the name I was ..... hello !

Not only was she married to Jack Parsons ... she ran off with L.Ron Hubbard, her and Jack's saving account and Jack's yacht ( they got caught by coast guard ).

Some wild stories there ! here is a great book ( my copy was sent to me as a gift from an old timer ATer (no longer present )

http://assets.signature-reads.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/strange-angel.jpg