In praise of giving a reading some time & reflection

Emeraud

Yes! I laid some cards a few days ago. I glanced at the spread and thought, "Oh, this is dark..." I let the cards stay and I went to bed. I returned to the cards the next morning and could see that my first glance was misleading. A good night's sleep and patience helped me absorb the depth of the message and not just the superficial appearance.

euripides

True for me too. It's why I don't generally read for myself every day, it needs to percolate.

I think this is why, even though I'm becoming more confident in reading, I don't see myself reading for others in real time. I'm a slow thinker. I think it just takes a while for things to filter through my cluttered memory and find the relevant memories, those half-forgotten works of art and pieces of myth and almost-grasped patterns ....

CharlotteK

I think this is why, even though I'm becoming more confident in reading, I don't see myself reading for others in real time. I'm a slow thinker. I think it just takes a while for things to filter through my cluttered memory and find the relevant memories, those half-forgotten works of art and pieces of myth and almost-grasped patterns ....
Yes totally. This. I find reading for people in person, on the spot, extremely difficult. It's also why I'm usually up to the wire on circle readings as I'm not good at 'quick'. And any fast conclusions I come to I then kind of regret in hindsight as I always get a deeper richer understanding from steeping it and letting things rise to the surface of their own accord.