The Lovers card - will he return

CloudRain899

Hi

in your experience, when you pull The Lovers card in response to "will he return?" Has it proved to mean he will or.did he not?

I wrote my.ex a love letter and im.going to send it. My reader pulled this card after asking 'when will he reply?' However in my letter ive explicity asked him to only write me back if he wants to give it another go.

What have been your experiences with the card for Reconciliation and Return of a lover? X

Reverie

If it was my cards I would say yes a definite reunification coming from a place of love.

gypsy white bear

i usually use rx so it's easier for me to say yes or no

but in your case
despite all of another cards in spread

i would say yes
he will think to reunion with you
but you are just one of his choices for being in a relationship with

Libra289

A definite yes from me, only due to experience. Yes, The Lovers can mean a decision between two people or any kind of decision in love ... but from what I've witnessed, it's always been reconciliation regarding break ups, etc. I actually did a reading for a friend asking about an old love interest and she got the lovers ... he contacted her around 2 weeks later!

Good luck :)

CloudRain899

Thanks so much for your input. I have decided to write him tomorrow night one last time, so we will see if he comes back or not and if it really does mean a reunion. I will give him the choice of coming back to me or breaking up for good and if he doesn't come back then I will take it that The Lovers means he will make the choice that resonates with his soul. Hope it means the first one though!

rwcarter

CloudRain899, please check your PMs.

CloudRain899

Hi

I have just sent a message now to him laying out his choices. so maybe the card is about his choice which is supported by the Universe. If he writes me back then i will come back and update this thread and hopefully I can happily write that you were all right.

If I dont come back and update then it means that he never wrote me back so we never reconciled, and therefore the reason the Lovers showed up must have been different to what we all thought.

Thanks x

aurafields

Hi

in your experience, when you pull The Lovers card in response to "will he return?" Has it proved to mean he will or.did he not?

I wrote my.ex a love letter and im.going to send it. My reader pulled this card after asking 'when will he reply?' However in my letter ive explicity asked him to only write me back if he wants to give it another go.

What have been your experiences with the card for Reconciliation and Return of a lover? X
Hi Cloud Rain, It is not necessarily that he will return. just because the Lovers showed up. It does show a choice is offered somewhere in this reading, but you may find it beneficial to take a good,objective look at the cards that are on all sides of this one. It is not in my experience a card that stands well alone, and this is mostly because of the other meanings it can hold. Yes, it can mean reconciliation, but does it? What other cards are with it? Are there other court cards there? Who might they represent? Questions of this nature really stick out to me. I would want to see the layout to be sure it is with the querent that he is reciprocating. Remember,your question was "When will he reply?", that brought the lovers up for you, not if he's coming back. The Tarot can be so amazingly on target its spooky sometimes. He may write or call as depicted by the Lovers, but I would like to see more cards pointing to a positive resolution before jumping the gun that you will have him back for good. Might be interesting to rephrase the question very directly to what exactly you want to occur and ask that way. I wish you best of luck and a happy holiday.

CloudRain899

Hi,

Thank you all. Well he wrote me back a day later, saying that to be completely honest he didn't want to see me again, it isn't worth it because he just doesn't have the same feelings for me that I do for him. And that he thinks I dont truly love him because I don't know what he's like. And that he is sure I will meet a lot of new men in my life who deserve me and he never meant to hurt me and he really wants me to be happy. Then he finished his message by saying 'this is goodbye, this is the way it has to be'.

So the Lovers did definitely not mean Reconciliation here. I see what you mean by the choice thing, everyone who has said it. I suppose we could say he has chosen not to be with me, and there is his choice. But personally I just feel it means that it was NOT meant to be (the cupid figure in the card) because the Universe does not bless us as Lovers. Really The Lovers reversed would have been more appropriate, but this is something I can't explain.

I sincerely hope that ANYBODY who ever reads this post in future because they have searched for the answer to the same question, I truly hope that you have better luck with this card than me. The Lovers could be such a beautiful card if it meant what we would love for it to mean

aliceinwonderland

ok, this card for yes/no love questions is a maybe, alas, can go either way. It also depends on what deck you use, but the tarot boffins will tell you that perhaps pulling for this purpose is not so good as the cards like to talk to you.

If you focus on the energy of the card is ruled by gemini. Air, and one of choices. Click on the link below from Lisa F-L with regards energy on each card for this type of questions.

And remember that at least you have cleared the fog and can cut your loses and offer your love to a guy that is truly ready for it.

Much love A :heart:

http://lovedovetarot.com/2012/08/13/list-of-yes-no-tarot-card-meanings-for-love-romance-questions/