Tarot Beginners guide with Q/AS

prudence

If I may, I think this person is getting a bit of a hard time here. I don't agree with the guide, and dislike much of the supposed authority it purports to convey, but for the most part it isn't that different from many other beginners' guides, many of which I don't agree with either.
I feel very much the same, and I do wonder if perhaps language may be an issue here. Abbas, if I am wrong about this, please do accept my apology, but I am thinking English may not be your first language. If that is the case, I think it would behoove many of us to cut some slack to this new member, whether we are getting annoyed/concerned with grammar or word choices (ie "powerful").

That said, I am another member who really dislikes the Osho Zen deck, for many different reasons. Then again, I have handed this deck to people who have never read cards in their lives, and because of the keywords being so much a part of its readability, these people were able to read spreads right off the bat. I can see how trying to go from reading Osho, to another more standard deck, one could be left without much of a clue as to how to read.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

A few more posts have been removed from this thread because they were either off-topic or they went against the "Respect Our Members" rule at Aeclectic. I have also removed the word "POWERFUL" from the thread title.

The thread starter has made changes to the text in the opening post, so folks are encouraged to read that post again before continuing discussion of points already raised as those points may have been addressed by the changes.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

headincloud

Hi Abbas the one thing that comes across in your guide is that you're not a bully which is more than can be said for myself, sincere apologies I had absolutely no right to reflect your shadow qualities back to you in such an aggressive manner if at all.

ravenest

... Also you must keep in mind, just because someone is doing a tarot reading, it doesn't mean they are actually using their psychic ability. They are just referring back to the book, using imagination to create a story + answers.

In light of this comment and the above link, I dont think you understand at all the many other processes in tarot (aside from using 'intuition' ).

ravenest

Feel free to PM/Call me, if you really feel the need to know more, I would be more than happy to share that with anyone. its something I do that anyway if people ask when they are about to get a reading or to train their abilities.
Sorry, a claim here on the boards should be able to be backed up the same way , on the boards, not with a deflection to PMs
Feedback was about, if they try what was mentioned in the guide, and about their experience, so we could discuss that. Not exactly to complicate things! And if you haven't noticed plenty of changes have been made already. Perhaps you should check first before commenting.

You missed my whole point then .... no, I am not going to re-hash the very clear line of the conversation ... but you said " The guide wasn't about how to make it better or what's missing in it." Perhaps you should check what people are referring to before you rush in and misinterpret (also I have 'tried' many things mentioned in YOUR guide over the last 30+ years .... I am not commenting willy-nilly with no experience in the matter ).

I heard these days, researching is very easy. Its not that hard to find. Try that first, if you have a hard time. I would be happy to share it with you. Also, kindly post something that is relevant to the first post, which was the guide. That would be much better.

Thanks!

I was answering a statement you made within the thread not in the OP .

nisaba

But your post Nisaba, was... lol.. no offense, next time before making assumptions, kindly PM me to get detailed information about anything.
<slightly surprised> What assumptions did I make? What detailed information do I need? Why are you suggesting in this and other posts that rather than having an open discussion about Tarot on a Tarot forum, you would prefer to have, potentially, 45,000 members message you privately to be addressed singly, instead of having an open, transparent, honest communication on the forum?

And before you start, I said "suggesting", not "stating".

I really think you need to repost so you get your message across, at the moment your post seems quite aggressive. As I just 'lold'
What is unclear? Where is the aggression?

PS: If you haven't noticed, I am already in your community.
At the time I wrote that, you had made 14 posts, on this and two other threads. Now it's 49 in total. You seem to be either a newcomer here, or someone who hasn't taken the opportunity to communicate until you were ready to impress us all. Sadly, some of us seem unenlightened enough to be unimpressed.

Look, With all the goodwill in the world, you are probably an interesting person, and you might be a half-decent reader. Why don't you join our community, read many threads, take part in ongoing conversations and so forth? I'll be happy to engage with you. I've read your profile though, and around here it won't work, unless you're an undercover comedian trying to lighten our days <grin>. Many of us have been reading professionally for thirty years and upwards. Many of us have written books respected all over the world. We're always interested in new people, including new people with their own angles on things, but someone who's going to breeze in, tell us how to be powerful and breeze out again, leaving us gobsmacked with admiration? We might not be your most ideal target audience ...

But welcome! I hope your stay here is a long and happy one.
Is that how you welcome new users here?
In all the years I've been here, I've only ever seen one new user who is astonishing as you, so no it isn't. It's just for you <warm smile>.

I've read your profile though, and around here it won't work, unless you're an undercover comedian trying to lighten our days <grin>.
???
And I quote the humourous bits from your profile:
Abbas A Shah's Background.

•Abbas A Shah is an active member of the British Astrological and Psychic Society.
••Abbas A Shah is an active member of the Society of the Psychical Research
••Abbas A Shah is a trained Hypnotist, Psychic Reader, Medium, Spiritual Healer, Paranormal Investigator and can help with many other areas.
••Abbas A ShahMember of the national guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
••Abbas A Shah Is a Qualified Reiki Master
••Abbas A Shah is certified in Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis
** Abbas A Shah is a Psychic trainer who can help you develop your natural abilities.

You can learn more about me at www.AbbasAShah.com
•Abbas A Shah does Psychic readings as well as Mediumship for his clients, he has guided thousands of people around the world with the help of the internet as well as dealing with clients face to face has also appeared on various different morning shows as well as radio programs in the Asian and Middle Eastern Regions.

His Journey started when he was only six years of age, he experienced that his dreams he had often came true the ones he managed to remember. Although as a young child he did not understand if these were just dreams or if there was more to it. After his dreams he had many more experiences including his dreams coming into a reality but also experiences involving other people.

•Abbas A Shah is a clairsentience and a clairvoyant, being an empath he could absorb peoples emotions and feelings knowing what people are feeling even if they did not mention anything about their feelings. He decided to make this a profession in his late teens after having so many different experiences in his life that he could connect to people to guide them.

As a Clairvoyant he is able to see things that is sometimes impossible to see with our normal senses which can only be seen through clairvoyance, things which may be happening at another location or things that may happen in the potential future.

I connect to the Human Aura, and read its energy and share the information that is being given through the Aura, this may include the past, present and other people in your life. I may use various different tools, such as Cards, Runes, Crystal Ball, Picture Readings, Ouija Boards, Coffee Reading, Crystals, Leafs, Colours, Personal Items, Sand/water reading or simple reading without anything just your energy! and more! Clairvoyance and Clairsentience used in Psychic Readings.

Mediumship Reading:: connects with the spirit world, and see if any spirit wants to come forward and share information and messages with me so i can pass it on to you. Mediumship can be powerful, as messages directly come through the spirit people. Clairvoyance, Clairsentience and Clairaudience used during mediumship readings!
The content is potentially interesting, but the way it is phrased makes your profile sound as though it should be written in big fluoro letters interdispersed with arcane symbols on the side of a billboard.

My profile, though, shows my love of life and laughter. Comedy is perfectly fine if it is set up so that people know it's comedy. I really wasn't sure about your comedic intent when reading yours.

just look at your self, what are you even saying??
I think my whole point might have been that if you just relaxed and seemed a little more genuine and sincere, then not only I but a lot of other people might find you a lot more engaging and pleasant to be around.

Once again, welcome. Feel free to learn and if you have anything to offer, to teach.

I genuinely just wanted to help out anyone who is starting out, and if you still fail to see this. then bahh.
I'm very happy for you to help others learn. I suggested ways in which you could be very, very helpful to the learning process of others. "If you still fail to see this. [sic.] then bahh." <grin>

I notice that you haven't listed your deck collection. I'd be interested to know what decks you have, what have influenced you and your Tarot style. It would be hard not to be influenced by the decks you use, and harder to develop a guide free of your own personal Tarot influences. Under "favourites" you've said "too many to mention". Gregory has listed her entire collection of 2000+ decks under collections and I've listed my mere 160 or so decks ... you must have a lot of favourites, and I'd be interested to know what they are and how they influenced the development of your guide.

ravenest

Okay I went back and read the new (latest) version.

I have to say this. It is said with helpful intention.

For whatever reason the writing is bad. Unfortunately some of the worst mistakes are in the first ( hence introductory - important ! ) paragraphs.

I would really consider taking up Gregory on her offer.

It was very nice of her. She has helped me with technical matters here beofe (as I am a total IT idiot as far as computer technology is concerned.

Yes ... ravenest is a total IT idiot - a real 'lo-tech' .... <shrug> so someone helped me, so have at least 3 others. I think that is part of the community, if people choose to be involved, also books, objects and information pass between people, here and in other forms.

I have rad grammer spelling Punctuation run on sentences .... but basically I am just raving off the top of my head all mixed up with self-relevent (most of the time) 'wit' :rolleyes: . If I wanted to 'put out a guide' (otherwise ... what would it be for, the nature of a guide is to have it out there ), I would need extensive proof reading and correction.

Just sayin' .

skyper96

Wow very interesting guide! I went to a bookstore on my birthday and I saw some tarot cards and I was gonna get them but at the time I was nervous of negative entities attaching to the cards. Thanks for clearing that up

nisaba

Wow very interesting guide! I went to a bookstore on my birthday and I saw some tarot cards and I was gonna get them but at the time I was nervous of negative entities attaching to the cards. Thanks for clearing that up

<smile> The only energy that will attach to your cards is your own energy.