Nine of Cups - Looking for additional keywords

Padma

Look I am really confused lotus padma,
Is this your thread? I had posted to a thread by runningwild that asked for anyone's insites and keywords pertaining to 9 of cups. Why did you feel my first post was personally directed toward you?

Sorry Leoniemonsta, I hijacked the thread - it is encouraged here to pull out older threads on a similar subject, rather than start new ones.

I should have started a new one. :(

My apols to you, Leoniemonsta, and to RunningWild, too. I had no intention of misleading, I was just trying to figure out this darned 9 Cups card! :p

leoniemonsta

Ok, sorry if anything I posted felt like a direct dig at anyone. I just have a slightly different opinion from a lot of the posts. But after re-reading, some of the posts are similar to mine so I didn't really have anything new to add after all. Still it's so great to have to defend your opinion don't you think?
Keeps me on my toes.
Yeah, I get it now. looked at the date of the first post.

Padma

Ok, sorry if anything I posted felt like a direct dig at anyone. I just have a slightly different opinion from a lot of the posts. But after re-reading, some of the posts are similar to mine so I didn't really have anything new to add after all. Still it's so great to have to defend your opinion don't you think?
Keeps me on my toes.
Yeah, I get it now. looked at the date of the first post.

I think you offered me very good insight, and not completely like the other posts! All the posts here have helped me, and I thank you, too :love: again, my apologies for any confusion ;)

leoniemonsta

If I found this card in the final position as a conclusion I would say that personal happiness would be the conclusion.
Unlike others I do think it means you will have your wish come true. Because we do not always know what will really make us happy.
But you know, sometimes you do know.
And it isn't always something big. Little things can make you happy too.
Once I lost my pet goat, I hadn't had her long. But we had bonded instantly, I felt like she was my baby.
I went outside to check on her in a thunder storm, I was going to bring her inside for the night. But she wasn't in her pen. I was frantic. It was intense as if I'd lost a child!
We were all door knocking, checking drains, waterways! The reserve, scared that someone had stolen her to kill and eat her!
In a desprate state I grabbed my tarot cards, where will I find my baby! I pulled 1 card - 9 of cups. What you wish for is already here!
I tell you, I felt like screaming" lier" at the cards.
I went out the back garden to cry in the rain. and heard a tiny cry she had squeezed herself through the tiniest opening to get inside the chicken coup. So the cards did not lie. She was never gone.
I was so happy.

Padma

ZOMG! :bugeyed: your poor little goat! So happy you found her!

Good analogy though! :)

GlitterNova

that was great advice, about the numerology, thanks, GlitterNova. I went and looked up some numerology sites. I know the 9's relate to the Hermit card as well...

Yep, The Hermit pretty much guarantees that the Minor Arcana nines will be 'solitary' cards. Some people have mentioned this before, but the 'negative' aspect of this card that I see is that you've gone through the journey of the suit up to this point, but you don't have anyone to share your experience with! I don't know if I'd call the character in this card 'selfish' per se, I see it more that he's lonely and he just doesn't realize it yet. He hasn't reached the *true* satisfaction of the 10 of Cups that comes from passing on his happiness to others, his satisfaction is still immature. If you're interested, here is the image I chose for this card in my own deck: http://search.getty.edu/museum/records/musobject?objectid=681 . He's not alone here, but I thought his self-absorbed expression fit the meaning well.

Food for thought: The nines are associated with The Hermit but ALSO with either The Moon or The Sun depending on what type of numerology you're using (19 being pretty obviously associated with nine, and 18 being 1+8=9 and also 9x2). I'm personally still not 100% clear on the connection between those cards and the 9s in the minors, but it's interesting to ponder nonetheless. The Moon fits in with the 'solitary' theme, but I struggle to see a connection with The Sun.