Gossips using ED

laurence

Hi Laurence

I can't comment on elemental dignities, but what I'm getting from this is that Hermit is Virgo, and Virgo can be very critical. Match this with a Queen of Swords and Ace of Swords I'm getting that this person is just a very critical person and is probably critical of you, and your ideas. Some people have different priorities in life, I think you may be someone who has some rather avant garde perspectives in life, this person may be overly focused on order as they see it.

Hi!
Virgo can be very critical. I did not know that.
But It's something that add more weight on my perspective.
The person in mind is an Aquarius.
I am a sort of a free spirit, rather non conventional and I know that It can sometimes provoke some turmoil. It is something I thought about: My personality (without being someone really special) can disturb the way people see themselves because some are followers and conformists.

Thank you Joyousgirl !

laurence

Question: Are rumors and gossip actually the same thing? I see gossip as being more about telling things that are true to people who shouldn't know them, while I see rumors as being more about making insinuations/telling lies about a person.

So, A.R. telling rumors about you would be spreading untruths about you while A.R. gossiping about you would be telling true things that she shouldn't. I can see a vindictive QS doing either of them.

A better question than "Is she" would by "Why is she". I'm guessing there is a perceived slight from you on the part of A.R.

Rodney
I think It's also an interesting point .
So I see gossips being less important in their consequences.
I am the target of big lies. A.R WOULD have spread untruths about me (or maybe someone else). But we are talking about rumours rather than gossips.

I have no real proof, that's why I asked my tarot to tell me HOW she is involved without implying a yes/no question. So I expect a story telling me if she's aware of It, if she's part of It, if she started the rumors or if she is completely out of that story.

laurence

Hello Amanda! Thanks for your take.

5 of Pentacles suggests that you are lacking something, and all the other cards have information in common. You are lacking information.
Yes, I'm lacking the why and information about the exact content of the comments as well as the name of the person(s) who took part in this.
Start with the Ace, as it is the strongest. Not sure if it is the same in your deck, but RWS shows a darker shading on the left side of the blade and a lighter shading on the right side of the blade. The darker side of the blade is towards the Hermit (his back to be exact -- unawareness), weakening him. It could suggest assumptions or bias on your part.
I checked the ace of Swords in my deck and the 2 sides of the sword are homogeneous.
I've posted an image.

The Hermit challenges the Queen by saying, "What makes you think A.R. is involved? What are your facts?"?
Because she is the only common denominator between individuals who told me that rumors have been running.
Because she is at the same work place as one of the protagonist who also confirm those rumors.
I moved out last year and I don't know a lot of people here. When I first heard about the rumors, I called her to ask if she knew something about It: she never answered, returned my calls or answered one text message. Why is that?? Did I do something wrong?
I think It's a weird behaviour for someone who has nothing to be blamed about.
But yes, I am not 100% certain.
Also, I listen to my intuition and in fact I'm getting more and more suspicious about her.

because you assumed A.R. is involved by asking 'How' this person was involved in your question. There is positivity/clarity between the Hermit's lantern and the light side of the Queen's sword, but again the dark side of her sword is near her face (your awareness).
Well, by asking "how", i assume the Tarot will give me clues about whether she's involved or not at all.
I'm not so good with yes/no but I will try.

I would advise that you make sure you have all the facts before you take any kind of action or make a confrontation.
Absolutely, I am very cautious before jumping to conclusions. But I think by asking what she thinks about or simply opening the conversation about the situation is not making asumptions. Yet I must talk to her.
It's simple, once I am able to talk to her, I will know if she's the one or not.
I hope I will know the truth someday.

Attachments

• DSC_0137.jpg
    DSC_0137.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 96

rwcarter

The presence of the queen of Swords does not necessarily represent myself in this spread just because she is my significator (which makes me reconsider the importance of significators).
The Significator doesn't mean that every time the card appears it refers to you. Because of the phrasing of the question and the position of the cards, I don't think it refers to you in this instance. Plus there's more than one QS in the world! :)

bluelagune

The question was "How is A.R involved regarding the spread of rumors about my person?" ...
you got queen of swords/hermit/ace of swords
and hidden with 5 of pentacles.

I will agree with you on air (QS) vs sand combination (Hermit). Both elements combined bring out a sandstorm. To much dust in the air for them to see or hear each other. It does not mean they hate each other, since there are no wands involved. All they have is different perception of the truth (ace of swords). Queen of swords is the one who talks and Hermit is the one who stands quetly untill he is provoked. Im not sure if he represents you or a male somehow involved in this but knowing queen of swords, her jeloucy revolves all around information and knowledge. If QP sais I wish i had more money, QS would say who needs money, intelligence will get you anywhere. If QC sais Im jelous of my best friend because she has a bfd to love, the QS would say what a bunch of bs, love is just an illusion. If QW sais look at me, QS would grin and condemn her to be an attention seeker. In each case QS is somehow twisting the idea that money, love and pride are of no importance. It may be tru in her heart due to some past hurt or it maybe true because she never bothered with them to begin with. Eather way, the words that come out of her mouth are not the nices because either because of her suppressing the unpleasantries of the past or she doesnt think much of people in general. She sometimes forgets to think before she speaks.

Which brings us to the five of pentacles. There are two people in this card, a very sad woman and a young man with a cows bell around his neck. In old days when a man stole or cheated the society, he was made to wear a cows bell. Austresized from the society along with his family. So these two (you and your friend) are on display for something one of you did. This one of you was so trying to prove to your friends (society) that they are good, inadvertently threw the other under the bus.

tarotbear

'Gossips Using Erectile Dysfunction?' :confused:

Really - abbreviations are not universal and really should not be used in a title. (Just commenting because I never use Elemental Dignities).

gregory

I checked the ace of Swords in my deck and the 2 sides of the sword are homogeneous.
I've posted an image.
Actually - the darker fronds ARE towards the hermit, a la RWS...

You are looking at common denominators. Another common denominator is the people who are telling you this stuff - they too are gossips, really. Why do you believe them rather than yourself. Why are THEY any more reliable than someone (AR) you have regarded as a friend ? What is THEIR agenda ? You are lacking that information (the 5, as Amanda says.) And that swords bears that out.

aurafields

This question is part of a larger spread I made trying to understand the motives of a particular person towards me.

I suspect a friend to be initiating rumours about me.

How is A.R involved regarding the spread of rumors about my person?
Universal Tarot/ no reversal/ using elemental dignities

Queen of Swords Hermit Ace of Swords.

So Hermit is ill dignified because earth is surrounded by 2 Air elements.
I see the Hermit as being a kind of a misanthrope here, spying and turning his lantern towards the queen of sword who can be me because I am usually represented by the queen of Swords.
And then the ace of Swords does not give objectivity to the Hermit so it can be about unfounded truths.

As I am biased, I pulled one clarifier to give an overall meaning about the answer of those 3 cards.
5 of pentacles: gossip in the neighbourhood!!!

I start to think that this person is not loyal and can be very much the one who spread rumors.
Please, tell me what you think guys.
Hi, The queen could be you as you said, and she could be showing a need for you to be clear decisive and objective, not wordy or taking action here yet without a great deal of discipline in how you use your words. Her detachment is followed by the hermit, which could be your feeling very alone and also that you need to reflect on this situation and be careful how you handle yourself in it. The next card, the ace of swords, shows me that you may be focusing your attention on this in the near future as well, and that you need to cut to the heart of the matter, but without upset and words that might get you in trouble. When I see two swords or more, especially in regards to a question about gossip or unpleasantness, there is always a greater potential for things to go downhill due to sharp or harsh words. Be wary not to get arrested or legally involved due to your upset with this person. I think your card that clarifies; the five of pentacles, is referring to a need for you to review how deep or shallow this relationship is to you. If it isn't a close one to begin with, why use up all that positive energy that the ace of swords could be giving you? It warns you against drastic or extreme actions or words that could have dyer results. So, the Queen of swords- be objective and non-emotional, the Hermit- go within and be wise heeding what you have learned so far and what you know will bring troubles that are greater than you have now(homelessness, jail, fights and upset), the ace of swords- make sure you get some real clarity on what it is you know and not just think is being said time to communicate with this person and you may find a breakthrough, the energy for a new start is here for you, but the five of pentacles- shows you may end up in much more dyer or worse situation if you act with harsh words or actions and it could cost you and your loved ones, especially if your loved ones are young children and you are a single parent who may be affected worse by reacting negatively to gossip. Things can clear up with the ace of swords, but the five of pentacles warns you strongly not to let things get ugly orout of control. Think decisively of how to handle this and get some good advice or even a mediator is need be to keep the harsh words at bay. Just my take. Thanks for allowing me to study your reading. Good luck.

laurence

The Significator doesn't mean that every time the card appears it refers to you. Because of the phrasing of the question and the position of the cards, I don't think it refers to you in this instance. Plus there's more than one QS in the world! :)

I agree. And It's confusing me. Thanks.

laurence

The question was "How is A.R involved regarding the spread of rumors about my person?" ...
you got queen of swords/hermit/ace of swords
and hidden with 5 of pentacles.
I draw the 5 of pentacles as an overall clarification for this spread.
I will agree with you on air (QS) vs sand combination (Hermit). Both elements combined bring out a sandstorm. To much dust in the air for them to see or hear each other. It does not mean they hate each other, since there are no wands involved. All they have is different perception of the truth (ace of swords). Queen of swords is the one who talks and Hermit is the one who stands quetly untill he is provoked. Im not sure if he represents you or a male somehow involved in this but knowing queen of swords, her jeloucy revolves all around information and knowledge.
A different perception of the truth? I like the euphemism.
It's clear that the Queen of Swords does not support the Hermit here. She is insensitive to the truth that the Hermit is looking for.

If QP sais I wish i had more money, QS would say who needs money, intelligence will get you anywhere. If QC sais Im jelous of my best friend because she has a bfd to love, the QS would say what a bunch of bs, love is just an illusion. If QW sais look at me, QS would grin and condemn her to be an attention seeker. In each case QS is somehow twisting the idea that money, love and pride are of no importance. It may be tru in her heart due to some past hurt or it maybe true because she never bothered with them to begin with. Eather way, the words that come out of her mouth are not the nices because either because of her suppressing the unpleasantries of the past or she doesnt think much of people in general. She sometimes forgets to think before she speaks.
I copy paste this paragraph for my tarot journal. Court cards give a lot to think about and It's a nice example of how the queen of Swords can be among the 3 other Queens.
Which brings us to the five of pentacles. There are two people in this card, a very sad woman and a young man with a cows bell around his neck. In old days when a man stole or cheated the society, he was made to wear a cows bell. Austresized from the society along with his family. So these two (you and your friend) are on display for something one of you did. This one of you was so trying to prove to your friends (society) that they are good, inadvertently threw the other under the bus.
I really like the comparison. Without saying that we are really on display, I can imagine this person drawing attention on herself just to look interesting.
It's a very interesting take I think. So your interpretation tends to comfort the fact that A.R is somehow involved in this story.
I really appreciate your input.