Gossips using ED

laurence

This question is part of a larger spread I made trying to understand the motives of a particular person towards me.

I suspect a friend to be initiating rumours about me.

How is A.R involved regarding the spread of rumors about my person?
Universal Tarot/ no reversal/ using elemental dignities

Queen of Swords Hermit Ace of Swords.

So Hermit is ill dignified because earth is surrounded by 2 Air elements.
I see the Hermit as being a kind of a misanthrope here, spying and turning his lantern towards the queen of sword who can be me because I am usually represented by the queen of Swords.
And then the ace of Swords does not give objectivity to the Hermit so it can be about unfounded truths.

As I am biased, I pulled one clarifier to give an overall meaning about the answer of those 3 cards.
5 of pentacles: gossip in the neighbourhood!!!

I start to think that this person is not loyal and can be very much the one who spread rumors.
Please, tell me what you think guys.

Farzon

What comes to my mind is a grumpy guy turning away from others because of strong negative thoughts - maybe prejudices, but certainly a strong own point of view.

Since the Hermit, even if ill-dignified, is still not famous for being very social, I doubt that he is part of slander.

BUT: Swords are about communication. Maybe Rodney can help again! šŸ˜€

laurence

What comes to my mind is a grumpy guy turning away from others because of strong negative thoughts - maybe prejudices, but certainly a strong own point of view.

Since the Hermit, even if ill-dignified, is still not famous for being very social, I doubt that he is part of slander.

BUT: Swords are about communication. Maybe Rodney can help again! ��

Hi Farzon!

Thank you for your take.

The person I am enquiring about has suddenly stopped contact with me so yes, she's turning away from me (which makes me even more suspicious towards her).
It is indeed correct that the Hermit, even ill dignified, is not sociable.
Swords, being communication, could in fact weaken the "loneliness" of the hermit by giving him a sharp tongue.

rwcarter

Queen of Swords Hermit Ace of Swords.
I think the Hermit represents you on your path not worried about anyone else. It could also represent you being at peace with your place in life.

I usually associate the Page Swords with gossip, but more in the sense of talking just to talk or being too young/immature to be able to monitor himself/his words. The QS on the other hand would be vicious/malicious with her gossip. The QS can be a "go for the jugular" type of person when she wants to be.

And I can see the AS as a general "start of troubles".

So together in answer to the question, I'd say that she's using her wicked tongue (QS) to try to start trouble for you (AS) in order to throw you off your course (Hermit). Sounds like spreading rumors to me.

Rodney

nisaba

And yet, gossip isn't what would first come to mind for me with these cards - for me (and perhaps for me alone) the Three Cups is *such* a gossip-card.

I'd agree with Rodney that there is certainly some kind of political subtext happening, I'm just not sure it's in the form of starting rumours.

JoyousGirl

Hi Laurence

I can't comment on elemental dignities, but what I'm getting from this is that Hermit is Virgo, and Virgo can be very critical. Match this with a Queen of Swords and Ace of Swords I'm getting that this person is just a very critical person and is probably critical of you, and your ideas. Some people have different priorities in life, I think you may be someone who has some rather avant garde perspectives in life, this person may be overly focused on order as they see it.

rwcarter

Question: Are rumors and gossip actually the same thing? I see gossip as being more about telling things that are true to people who shouldn't know them, while I see rumors as being more about making insinuations/telling lies about a person.

So, A.R. telling rumors about you would be spreading untruths about you while A.R. gossiping about you would be telling true things that she shouldn't. I can see a vindictive QS doing either of them.

A better question than "Is she" would by "Why is she". I'm guessing there is a perceived slight from you on the part of A.R.

Rodney

Amanda

5 of Pentacles suggests that you are lacking something, and all the other cards have information in common. You are lacking information.

Start with the Ace, as it is the strongest. Not sure if it is the same in your deck, but RWS shows a darker shading on the left side of the blade and a lighter shading on the right side of the blade. The darker side of the blade is towards the Hermit (his back to be exact -- unawareness), weakening him. It could suggest assumptions or bias on your part. The Hermit challenges the Queen by saying, "What makes you think A.R. is involved? What are your facts?" because you assumed A.R. is involved by asking 'How' this person was involved in your question. There is positivity/clarity between the Hermit's lantern and the light side of the Queen's sword, but again the dark side of her sword is near her face (your awareness).

I would advise that you make sure you have all the facts before you take any kind of action or make a confrontation. It seems there may be shades of grey here that are not covered by your question, but may also have an affect on the answer to your question.

laurence

I think the Hermit represents you on your path not worried about anyone else. It could also represent you being at peace with your place in life.
It certainly could.
The presence of the queen of Swords does not necessarily represent myself in this spread just because she is my significator (which makes me reconsider the importance of significators).
I usually associate the Page Swords with gossip, but more in the sense of talking just to talk or being too young/immature to be able to monitor himself/his words.
Me too.
The QS on the other hand would be vicious/malicious with her gossip. The QS can be a "go for the jugular" type of person when she wants to be.

And I can see the AS as a general "start of troubles".
Yeah, QOS and AOS together makes me think the same.
So together in answer to the question, I'd say that she's using her wicked tongue (QS) to try to start trouble for you (AS) in order to throw you off your course (Hermit). Sounds like spreading rumors to me.
Rodney
Thank you very much for your take! It confirms my doubts and suspicions.

laurence

Hi Nisaba!
Thanks for popping in!

And yet, gossip isn't what would first come to mind for me with these cards - for me (and perhaps for me alone) the Three Cups is *such* a gossip-card.
The rumors running about me are very specific, It's about my "romantic" life and stuff (like me being sexually involved with people I barely know).
So to me It's a bit more than not too nasty small talks which can be represented by the 3 of cups IMHO.
I'd agree with Rodney that there is certainly some kind of political subtext happening, I'm just not sure it's in the form of starting rumours.

Well, Swords make me think there is communication in a certain way.
Now, there are rumors, It's a real fact. I laid out the cards to make me understand how this person is involved and If possible, to know whether she started the rumors. Maybe the Ace of Swords can indicate that she initiated the rumors??
As Rodney said, Page of Swords is usually the card for that, but the person in question is not that Young though.