Question about a rising planet in SR

Ronia

Would you consider a planet in the 12th, 2.5 degrees away from the SR Asc as rising? The planet is personal. At the same time, there is an outer in the 1st SR house, but not in the sign of the SR Ascendant and 16 degrees away.

In a natal I'd take the outer as rising though with much less power due to the different sign from the Ascendant. In a SR... I'm not so sure, the personal in the 12th is quite close to the Ascendant, so would you take this one on board as rising or would you stick to the planet in the 1st? There are two more outers in the 2nd and in the 3rd but despite the rule for natal charts, I don't really feel to take so distant from the SR Asc planets as rising...

Ronia

I decided to take the personal in the 12th into consideration as leading planet, so question is resolved.

dadsnook2000

Neptune close to the Asc.

A solar return with Neptune a couple of degrees above the Asc. degree would, for me, be treated as "rising" but in the 12th house.

For me, a Solar Return is a cyclic chart. It marks one important point on a continuing cycle that starts at birth and continues to/past death. Each Solar Return has an MC position that appears to shift some 90 degrees from the previous Solar Return's MC. This is one of the hallmarks of a cycle. Since the S/R is part of a cycle, it can be advanced day-by-day from on S/R to the next S/R. This advance, which I will not describe in technical detail at this point, moves the Asc. forward and away from a Neptune in the 12th.

This is not to say that Neptune at 2.5 degrees from the Asc. of the S/R wouldn't have any effect on views and attitude of that day, but its effects would certainly diminish as each day passed.

Now, this view of mine is correct relative to the way I use Solar Returns. If others do not use S/Rs in this way, then their views might be quite different and quite correct relative to their use of the chart. Dave

Ronia

Thanks, Dave. It's Venus in the 12th at 2.5 degrees from the Ascendant. The outer in the 1st, 16 degrees from the Asc, is Pluto (for a second year I have him in the 1st of my SR but last year was conjunct the Asc). So, I was wondering if I should take him as rising but he seems a bit too far for me, despite the rule about the planets in the first... I don't know, may be I'm wrong and he should be still taken as rising, not the already risen Venus.

dadsnook2000

For Ronia

I find it hard to believe that you have had Pluto in the first or near the first house for two years in a row in a Solar Return. S/R's advanced their angles about 90 degrees per year. I could believe Pluto in the first last year and Pluto in the tenth this year, as an example, but not in the same area of the chart for two years in a row. Even with extreme latitude distortion of the chart it seems unlikely. Dave

Ronia

Well, I can PM you my birth details, so you can check yourself. Keep in mind that I moved though, half way across the globe. :)

Last year SR Asc was Capricorn and Pluto conjunct. This year SR Asc is Saggitarius and Pluto is still in the 1st though in Capricorn. :)

dadsnook2000

Ronia

A long distance move changes everything. Dave