Crystals for children?

ben Anat

As other users have already suggested, I would recommend a pale blue or purple stone like amethyst or blue lace agate. Rose quartz might arguably work as well.

Calcite is usually sold after it has been acid-treated, which gives it a pleasant soapy feeling that I always liked as a child. (The acid treatment will not hurt you.)

Lepidolite is another pale purple stone that is good for anything related to emotional health and fears, but since it is a flaky mica in its natural form, you should look for a tumbled rock instead.

Calayvie

I have taken my son to the crystal shop to pick out his own crystals. I think he may choose what he needs just as we would :)

He uses an amethyst crystal to put beside his fairy figurine who "protects him from monsters and shadows" while he sleeps. He has a ritual of saying this, kissing his fairy figurine, placing her on the bedside table, kissing his amethyst crystal and placing that beside her, and kissing his woolen felt fairy before taking her to bed and putting her above his head (it'd be on or under his pillow if he used one).
Since doing this little ritual, (which is so cute! ) which had evolved a little over time, he isn't afraid of the monsters and shadows.
BTW, I chose the amethyst for this purpose I think.

If your son suffers nightmares, maybe a similar ritual to alleviate the fear of sleep, and to lessen the scariness of the dreams would help?
But at the same time you would want him to, at some point when he's ready, to face his fears and process what his subconscious is showing him, so he can get through this and out the other side, stronger, more confident etc. Maybe expecting a lot there but I hope you get the idea :) and maybe start small to build up his confidence of his ability to face fears, after lessening the fear with a ritual of intent.
Just a suggestion.

When I took him to the shop the first time, I picked out crystals for him to choose from (he couldn't see above the bench where they were at) so i picked a handful and asked which he liked best. I think at that time I chose crystals that were related to his month of birth/ star sign and other gentle crystals. But last time I went in I just randomly showed him crystals. So which ever way really, but I think he will be drawn to what he needs. Maybe ask what colour he's interested in to narrow it down, but let him see the colours of the crystals themselves first. (His favourite colour might be green, but in time he may find his favourite CRYSTAL colour is blue). He is a child. I believe his intuition will guide him well :)
I hope this helps!

Calayvie

Something else I thought of, was the importance (I think) of allowing your son to pick (at least one) crystal for himself.
I remember thinking when my son picked for his second crystal, lapis lazuli, that it might be a bit much! But I read up on it, and I could see how it might help him, especially after his traumatic start (heart surgery as a baby). I don't even recall the properties of lapis right now but I remember reading just one thing that made me feel at ease about the choice, even though I think its really not my business to intervene or concern myself about correct choice when chosen by intuition.

Anyways, someone said to me about my son recently, "he's been here before", implying he was not a young soul. This raises the idea that "crystals for children" may fit a good majority, but there may be many that don't fit the mold and their soul is in need of a certain crystal that may not be so recommended for a "child". I guess physical effects need to be taken into account to some degree, but again I think the childs intuition will choose the best crystal.
Trust your child, and empower him to make intuitive choices for himself so that he can build confidence in his abilities and set intent with his choices. I think its the most powerful thing we can do for our children. They are not us, or any stereotype, and their reality and their souls are their world that only they will fully understand, even if only intuitively or subconsciously.
Sorry for the ramble but I've found this idea really interesting and wanted to share my thoughts. Its made me realise a few things about my son and his journey through this life. :)