Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Jyscal

Hey all! Im afraid ive been putting to my energy into my PDR studies and nowhere near enough in my IDS. I hope i can still carry on learning my deck here, because as i said in another thread, the RWS is my favourite deck and id really to learn as much as i can about it. Ive started posting in the Daily Draws so i think thats a step back on the right track. Keep well all and good luck!

nicky

PDR? Where I come from that is the Physicians Desk Reference... a lovely book that shows pictures of pills we used as a wish list when I was in high school.

rwcarter

Skimo,

That's beautiful! The deck looks so "natural" that way....

Rodney

SolSionnach

Hiya Skimo,
Yeah, what Rodney said. Really, really nice job - the deck definitely looks better!

I've been eyeing my new large Thoth, and thinking about trimming it... but I just can't bring myself to do that. Perhaps if I manage to trade for one I'll do that. It was so darned expensive that I can't see risking mucking it up.

I've been cruising the Thoth forum, and am both learning new things and remembering stuff I'd forgotten. This board is fantastic for that. :)

SolSionnach

I've started drawing a CoD in the evening, for the day just passed. My first one made great sense, my second one not so much.

I'm still cruising threads, particularly Nicki's "learning Thoth if it kills me" thread. Good good stuff there.

More and more of the info I'd learned about the Thoth years ago is coming back to me... remarkably. I'd used the Book of Thoth and the Banzhaf book before, and wish I still had them both. However, money is really tight, so that will have to wait for now.

It's just AMAZING to me how much incredible info is available in the deck forums... both Thoth and TdM, and I'm sure, the RWS forums. I used to just read Tarot Decks and Talking Tarot, not realizing that the meat and potatoes of this forum is in the dedicated forums.

I also never thought that I'd be interested in studying Thoth again - I guess I was put off by "the Great Beast's" reputation. I can't say that I've fallen in love with it yet, but I can see that happening.

So what do you do when you're in love with so many decks? Dodal, Vieville, Hadar, Thoth? ("which of these things is not like the other" lol) There aren't enough hours in the day for that, IMO.

Nicki, BTW the PDR is the Primary Deck... um... something-or-other. You can see the thread here in Talking Tarot. FWIW, I always think of Physicans' Desk Reference, too! :)

Jyscal

I totally understand what your saying. Ill be learning from my RW, but now and then will walk past my shelf and notice my other decks, and a flash of guilt sets in. But i do try and read with my other decks as often as i can. I just wish there was more time, your right.

rwcarter

This may not work for everyone, but what I'm doing is staying true to my study of the Transparent and doing readings with only the Transparent. But I'm giving more input to readings in the Your Readings forum, and in doing so I will lay out the cards from that particular deck. This allows me to touch other decks in my collection while keeping the Transparent as my primary deck.

Rodney

Mateo06

I put my Robin Wood deck away in a boxed coffin, so it can sleep well. The box came with a set of misfits CDs. I have two in my car, but the rest were stolen. The deck fits nicely inside though. Hope it is doing ok. Haven't checked up on it lately.

rwcarter

Mateo,

My partner is housing his Robin Wood in the second box (pic on the right) I made to house my Bohemian Gothic deck. You can find more info in the Tarot Box-making hobby thread.

Rodney